GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

With the death of a legend a new one is birthed unlike any before.

EastKingZ

Ready to race!
Wow, that was great. Now do mine :)

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I do anything for anyone who drive to me. $50/hr labor rate. $20 flat rate for vagcom scan.

How long did this swap take? Just curious

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
How long did this swap take? Just curious

About 30-35 hours. 3 days, stopping for breaks, meals, and Home Depot and Autozone runs. We hit some roadblocks though that took up some time. We had both customized our exhaust setups so swapping and modifying them so it would work with hand tools was a pain and took a bit to sort out, but all in all everything went pretty smoothly.

GTR_Killer

Go Kart Champion
10 minutes and 33 seconds according to the video. :D

Haha, only the first ~6-7min is the swap, the rest is entertainment. :D

Oh wow :clap:

I wish I lived next to you. I'd pay you to work on my car then I would help so I could learn.

:w00t: Thanks guys

About 30-35 hours. 3 days, stopping for breaks, meals, and Home Depot and Autozone runs. We hit some roadblocks though that took up some time. We had both customized our exhaust setups so swapping and modifying them so it would work with hand tools was a pain and took a bit to sort out, but all in all everything went pretty smoothly.

Actually I just went thru the math in my head considering breaks and runs....I think we did it in just over 20hrs over 3 days. Day 2 was the shortest starting at ~10am and stopping at 6:30pm. You really have me curious though so im going to go back and check the time stamps on the go pros, lol.

Last edited:

Gino

Ready to race!
This is a cool video. Way to think ahead to do this :)