GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat 18: CAR MODS GALORE; CAR PROBLEMS GALORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Today is like first of the month, if you have a mortgage. Last day to pay before it is considered late :D

Must be nice. My rent is due by the 4th of the month. Or I get hit with 20% late fee. Cause thats how you do it when someone might struggle with paying rent. You charge them more!

Jaber

Modero
Must be nice. My rent is due by the 4th of the month. Or I get hit with 20% late fee. Cause thats how you do it when someone might struggle with paying rent. You charge them more!

It sucks, but I can see why they do it. Bills have to get paid by landlord and when you let things slide, people will take advantage of it.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
It sucks, but I can see why they do it. Bills have to get paid by landlord and when you let things slide, people will take advantage of it.

Yup. I’ve been late on rent once. $75 late fee is no joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Goodmorning, everyone. Also Ej. How are you today?

Renters can be evil story below.

Had a man approach me when coming home one day, asked me if i saw the tenants recently around the area that belonged to (points to house) . I said no i havent seen them in awhile..... (like errr who are you). Hands me his card, tells me if i see the tenants around the area to call him cause they skipped out on 3 months rent, put holes in the walls and messed up stuff...also that the new tenants had moved in and the old tenants were coming back and stealing their mail along with theirs.

Pretty crazy story, obviously im not about to get involved with those crazies, took the card and threw it in the trash .

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Id love to get into BRRRR business, it definitely takes some capital and risk out of the gate for sure. You also dont see returns on property normally for at least 1-2 years if putting money into it. Have dabbled in it , its an interesting business no doubt.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Price? Might be interested too lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure. I bought them from Teh Jaber. Probably 350-ish?

Depending on what ultimately happens I might have a Magnaflow cat-back available too. Wifey gotta make up her mind and then I have to decide if I feel ambitious enough to wrestle with an exhaust swap.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Aw shit you Ma-can a new car purchase?

Maybe. Still on the fence. Wife still noodling.

Doubt we will get snow up here.

False.

I called in sick today. Sick and tired, that is.

Posting live from the Rennerhood - It's snowing here, which means it's definitely showing in Jabertown and also likely Tunaville.

Yep.

Really the only way to get most people to play by the damned rules is to hit them financially if they don't. My wife used to work in propery management - years and years in it. TONS of horror stories. Don't wanna get smacked with a big late fee? Pay your damn rent on time.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Sick and tired, that is.

Posting live from the Rennerhood - It's snowing here, which means it's definitely showing in Jabertown and also likely Tunaville.

Really the only way to get most people to play by the damned rules is to hit them financially if they don't. My wife used to work in propery management - years and years in it. TONS of horror stories. Don't wanna get smacked with a big late fee? Pay your damn rent on time.

It started off light about an hour ago, big flakes now out here in schuamburg area which means Omnation is getting hit hard.

Landlords have bills to pay too, even if their unit is still paid off they have taxes, possibly an hoa, wear and tear on the house, property insurance etc etc

Renting to people you know , also a bad idea .

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Id love to get into BRRRR business, it definitely takes some capital and risk out of the gate for sure. You also dont see returns on property normally for at least 1-2 years if putting money into it. Have dabbled in it , its an interesting business no doubt.

It's a PITA. You can make real money at it if you own multiple properties. One bad tenant can fuck over your entire year tho.

My aunt and uncle had a few properties out in Woodstock and Marengo for a long time. They were definitely "slumlords" - most (or all?) of their tenants were Section-8. The income they got from it was reasonably healthy, even with the PITA-ness of it. But they had 3 properties, 2 of which were multi-unit dwellings, which helped. It's really a #'s game.

I remember spending summers with them on their farm, and on the weekends my cousins and I were dropped off at the various properties to do maintenance. I also remember doing lots of "move out inspections", they had a lot of churn. We always had to replace carpet.... for some reason, section-8 people like to piss on carpet for some reason. The units were dumps to begin with but they were always TRASHED when the tenant moved out.

So long as you're handy AND have a free supply of manual labor (10-14 year olds work best) it's a way to make a few bucks a month.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
It started off light about an hour ago, big flakes now out here in schuamburg area which means Omnation is getting hit hard.

Landlords have bills to pay too, even if their unit is still paid off they have taxes, possibly an hoa, wear and tear on the house, property insurance etc etc

Renting to people you know , also a bad idea .

Exactly.

But landlords are the "evil rich" so fuck them, amirite? :iono:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
hi EJ, hi. Hi everyone!

Magnaflow sounds SOOOO GOOD on the GTI, lawd.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
on a conf call/webex dealie - what is the car being considered, Jim? Macan?

Status
Not open for further replies.