GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat 18: CAR MODS GALORE; CAR PROBLEMS GALORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
It's a PITA. You can make real money at it if you own multiple properties. One bad tenant can fuck over your entire year tho.

My aunt and uncle had a few properties out in Woodstock and Marengo for a long time. They were definitely "slumlords" - most (or all?) of their tenants were Section-8. The income they got from it was reasonably healthy, even with the PITA-ness of it. But they had 3 properties, 2 of which were multi-unit dwellings, which helped. It's really a #'s game.

I remember spending summers with them on their farm, and on the weekends my cousins and I were dropped off at the various properties to do maintenance. I also remember doing lots of "move out inspections", they had a lot of churn. We always had to replace carpet.... for some reason, section-8 people like to piss on carpet for some reason. The units were dumps to begin with but they were always TRASHED when the tenant moved out.

So long as you're handy AND have a free supply of manual labor (10-14 year olds work best) it's a way to make a few bucks a month.

LOL, They cooking meth maybe.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
It's a PITA. You can make real money at it if you own multiple properties. One bad tenant can fuck over your entire year tho.

My aunt and uncle had a few properties out in Woodstock and Marengo for a long time. They were definitely "slumlords" - most (or all?) of their tenants were Section-8. The income they got from it was reasonably healthy, even with the PITA-ness of it. But they had 3 properties, 2 of which were multi-unit dwellings, which helped. It's really a #'s game.

I remember spending summers with them on their farm, and on the weekends my cousins and I were dropped off at the various properties to do maintenance. I also remember doing lots of "move out inspections", they had a lot of churn. We always had to replace carpet.... for some reason, section-8 people like to piss on carpet for some reason. The units were dumps to begin with but they were always TRASHED when the tenant moved out.

So long as you're handy AND have a free supply of manual labor (10-14 year olds work best) it's a way to make a few bucks a month.
100% everything yous aid
Exactly.

But landlords are the "evil rich" so fuck them, amirite? :iono:
lol pretty much
Wife asked last night, "If we get the new car, can my exhaust come off the GTI and get put on the new one, since it's the same engine?"

When I put it to her to tell me her requirements, she said:
Heated steering wheel
Panorama roof
Cooled seats
Navigation
She didn't seem to care so much about power... so I'll roll with a 2.0 model.
Nissan pathfinder. Doubles as tow rig. seats 7. v6.
I just saw some Youtube videos on this recently, where these Section-8 tenents just destroy these really nice homes. WTF is wrong with people .
basically "i cant pay my rent , its not like you really need the money anyways right? what youre kicking me out? fuck you then guy." (destroys house)
LOL, They cooking meth maybe.
Cook some more to pay your rent.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Nissan pathfinder. Doubles as tow rig. seats 7. v6.

Already have tow rig, that I'm not gonna get rid of. Love my Diesel.

Pathfinder is just a truck. Not sporty at all. She'd hate it. Plus it's a Nissan. No superior interior. You might've fallen down a peg with that suggestion, really.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Oh wow dat snow. Gon be mid 60’s here today in the big D.

But its so pretty outside! Christmas yay!

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

Not on the rug, man.

The rug really ties the room together.

Jaber

Modero

Pathfinder is just a truck. Not sporty at all. She'd hate it. Plus it's a Nissan. No superior interior. You might've fallen down a peg with that suggestion, really.

Ew... Nissan....

Wife said the roads are pretty slick. No one showed up at the office, besides her and one other person. Her boss told her to go WFH.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion

Highlander? or 4Runner? Wife and I will most likely be getting a Highlander when we have kids.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion

Tesla time? :yikes:
Make it two pegs.

Twas kidding. I absolutely despise the holidays. Also snow.

Probably cause christmas is celebrated for 3 months now.

Nissan Pathfinder...
Yeah, i been eyeballing it. Kind of big vehicle though, i dont really need 7 seater. Touareg checks more boxes.

Pathfinder tows 6,000 lbs. They are definitely priced right.

Status
Not open for further replies.