rupertpupkin

Ready to race!
NGP Type 1 coilovers
Forgeline ZX3R 19x8.5 ET 45 Square setup
Front lip: 1.5 inch
Rear Lip: 2.5 inch
225/35/19 Michelin Pilot Super Sport
FTG somewhere around 25 inches

Wheels were custom ordered for a Mk5 R32 running a Brembo BBK. Fitment is perfect and plenty of clearance for my TTRS BBK.

IMG_0445_resized.jpg

IMG_0451_resized.jpg

IMG_0455_resized.jpg

IMG_0456_resized.jpg

IndyW

I've done a lot of research and still haven't really come up with a solid answer so I thought I'd ask.

I ordered some raceland ultimos and want to drop my car relatively low but without really rubbing at all. I can roll my fenders/screw mod and trim the liner if necessary.

Would I be able to run 18x9 et38 on like 215/40 on the front with a pretty good drop without having to worry about rubbing all the time? The next option is 18x8 et45 which I assume I wouldn't have a hard time with I just wanted a little more aggressive stance.

My knowledge on this subject is very limited so any help or corrections would be great.

Thanks!

Bc_golfVI

What would be the best tires size to run on a square set of 18x9 et45? I was thinking of running 215/40/r18 for all 4. Will that run smooth? I am on H&R super sports, stock fenders.

karter5

Passed Driver's Ed
Looking at getting wheels for my golf. I'm lowered on H&R sport cup kit and currently on stock wheels ( 205/55/r16 ) FTG in front is ~24.5" and ~24.75 in the back. I already bought 225/45/r17 's since there was a sale over here but I'm wondering if I should get 17x8 or 17x7.5 rims? I worry about rubbing:yikes: From what I've seen et45?
Looking at getting TSW nurburgring's or Team Dynamics pro race 1.2's

thanks in advance if someone knows if it will rub or not:thumbup:

Last edited:

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
I went the reverse by going 17x8 et50 with 225/45ZR-17s:

I don't know if it is the lighter weight or the higher tire profile, but the grip really shocked me! If I had known it would be this much better, I would have done lighter 17s a LONG time ago!

I have a 2012 gti and i wanted to get the cw lm20s with the size of 18x9 all around. Its lowered on h&r ss coils and in the front its all the way low. Would i need to add camber to the front to not rub or would the 18x8.5 and 18x9 be my best bet?

kevinthepanda

Anyone have a setup similar to 18x9 et50 squared with 225/40/18?? I know the back would fit easily but would the front clear the strut at that offset?

edit: I plan on getting Avant Garde m240s with this size and I really like the 18x9 step-lip look. And i'd prefer to not run staggered that's why I'm wondering if 18x9et50 could work in the front

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
The front won't clear the strut. You will need 5mm spacers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amarcelino88

Ready to race!
Ok guys. Need a quick answer for this one. I have a set Rse10 coming in from Neuspeed. They're 19x8 et45 and I'm lowered on H&R sport springs that lowered my car about 1.2 inches (that's coming from the description when I purchased them). Just wondering what size tires do you guys recommend to avoid as much rubbing as I can? I would love a tire with a nice thick side wall but that might add to my rubbing worries. Please feel free to chime in. Total noon and this tire size stuff.

Last edited: