GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"Shades of grey" my 2011 ug build

shawn lichtfuss

Ready to race!

Well I was over at the vw dealer today checking out my gti. They put it in the side lot for me. It's killing me waiting till the end of the month, but I have to wait for my tax return & I cashed in some investments. This way I'll buy the gti straight out & won't have to worry about a payment.

Think I'm going to go with the bbs ch's vs. the lm's. I want to stay on springs & I know with the H&R ss/koni yellows I'll be able to get rid of the gap without being slammed & it should just tuck a small amount of tire with 19's. I also think it will look sharp with the bbk front/R32 rear I'm going with. I know with the lm's I'll need to be on fk's & slammed to pull them off.

AWE has renewed my sponsorship so I'll go back to a k04 w/ tbe, ccb, S3 ic, boost gauge, giac tune(whenever it's done for the 2011's), outlet pipe etc...

I've also been finalizing the mods I hope to have done, by wf:
-golf R headlights
-golf R led taillights
-R front/rear bumpers (if oem+ can get them to me in time)
-ecs stage 5 bbk w/ R32 rear brake kit
-bbs ch 19x8 et50 (will use spacers to get wheels out further)
-awe treatment
-hardwired rd & stealthbox
-bunch of custom cf & pc'd goodies under the hood
-oem roof rack & thule fairing
-H&R ss springs w/ koni yellow shocks & H&R f/r sway bars
-whiteline walk kit w/ full bushing kit & audi mk2 TT control arms
-bsh catch can & end links
-3 vf mounts
-re-use some of my mkv parts (weichers bar, gas cap etc...)
-katzkin interior
-small personal touches

Should be a fun project & I learned alot from my last build.

Last edited:

MosDubVI

Passed Driver's Ed
I like where you are going with this build. Sounds a lot like what I would do if I had the funds. Im gonna agree with you and say you should go with the CHs. Like you said, you gotta be slammed to fully pull off those LMs. I am running H&R ss with H&R shocks myself. You will definitely be happy with the springs and the koni shocks. I love the drop, car handles great and it feels close to stock comfort wise. Any worries running 19s with the drop? I might be getting into some 19x8.5 et45 and don't know what to expect as far as rubbing or fitment issues.

dragonslayer33101

Ready to race!
definitely sounds great...who did you work with at North Penn? I got all my cars from George until he left a month after I got my MK6

shawn lichtfuss

Ready to race!
I like where you are going with this build. Sounds a lot like what I would do if I had the funds. Im gonna agree with you and say you should go with the CHs. Like you said, you gotta be slammed to fully pull off those LMs. I am running H&R ss with H&R shocks myself. You will definitely be happy with the springs and the koni shocks. I love the drop, car handles great and it feels close to stock comfort wise. Any worries running 19s with the drop? I might be getting into some 19x8.5 et45 and don't know what to expect as far as rubbing or fitment issues.
I'm pm'd a couple guys that are running the 19's with the H&R springs & all said fitment was good with no rubbing. Yes, sir I think the style of the lm's would look dumb if I wasn't slammed, but I think I could def pull of the ch's if I can remove any gap. I also won't be that hesitant to have the ch's on year round or at least until winter.
Awesome Shawn!
Thanks, hope to see you around. I'm still on the fence with the R bumper or the oem led's, it may have to be one or the other since the R bumper has the led drl's:iono:
definitely sounds great...who did you work with at North Penn? I got all my cars from George until he left a month after I got my MK6
I worked with Tim.

shawn lichtfuss

Ready to race!
Picked up the GTI today, feels great to be back in a dub. Let the modding fun begin:D

shawn lichtfuss

Ready to race!
Heading down to awe on thursday for the first of many performance mods. A boost gauge:D I'll be ordering a intake, dp, cat back, dv, dv relocator, tsi ko4, S3 ic, S3 top, giac tune. My hands are kinda tied on the install until giac finishes work on the 2011 tunes, but as long as it's done by wf I'll be happy.

The wheels are ordered, but won't ship till mid may, and I ordered 355mm brembo's & rear adams rotors also a 3-4 week wait time. At least the springs are shipping this week, but I have to wait for f/r sway bars, koni yellows, the whiteline kit, and motor mounts. Also ordered the led lights/euro switch from german ebay, but who knows when that will show up.

At least it will slowly be coming together. I really don't mind because it's fun just driving the car stock:thumbsup:

I also drop the car off mon for a clear bra & tint (35%) he needs it overnite for the paint film to cure. I'll get some pics once, she's looking proper.

shawn lichtfuss

Ready to race!
i. hate. you.

;) Congrats man!

LOL, at least you have the tune available to you. I'm stuck waiting to giac releases their 2011 tune, before I throw on any major performance mods.

It was killing me waiting to buy this dub, but I knew I made the right choice by driving my hoopdee for a year while I saved $ to fund this project. I should be boothed with awe at wf, so I can catch up with you there or beforehand I'm sure.

shawn lichtfuss

Ready to race!
Sticker mods, don't mind my crappy point n shoot pics. I'm gonna get a real camera soon.

Boost gauge

Riding out a nasty hailstorm in the garage

Did some small stuff today. Good news 90% of my parts have been ordered. I drop her off this weekend for tint & the clear bra. I'm also going to test out a new windshield film for that's supposed to reduce rock chips.

The big stuff will come in around the end of next month, so hopefully she'll be looking half way decent for cult classic. I found out my R headlights/taillights shipped today & the wheels ship on the 6th, though I won't put the suspension on until the springs,koni yellows, sway bars, walk kit, brembo 355, etc... come in so I can get it all done on the lift in one shot. I'm in no big rush, because the car is fun stock.

Last edited:

GDOGGTI

Go Kart Champion
Im so subscribed to this. I loved the red baron and I know this will also be a sick project. Thanks for not getting the mini Shawn, now I have another role model to follow :thumbsup:

shawn lichtfuss

Ready to race!
:eek: U ain't messin around! :thumbsup: Looking forward to seeing the car once you get it off the lift.
X2 I had a year to plan it all out, so it's just coming together rather easily.
Im so subscribed to this. I loved the red baron and I know this will also be a sick project. Thanks for not getting the mini Shawn, now I have another role model to follow :thumbsup:
Thanks for the compliment. I had a tough choice of cars to pick from, but the vw won out. It's where my <3 is. All the other cars I looked out where nice, but just had no soul. I'll try to live up to your expectation ;)

shawn lichtfuss

Ready to race!

Got a call from my buddy at the vw dealer that my order was in, but it was only 1/2 my order the lip won't be in till monday :( I did get the bike rack put on regardless today & the pee pee fogs. I also found a universal fairing for the oem rack if anybody wants to use it on their oem rack here's the link:

http://www.orsracksdirect.com/inno-rack-fairings-ina260-ina261-ina262.html
part#INA262
part#ISf717 (long bolt kit)

dragonslayer33101

Ready to race!
looking nice already