GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Loba L04XX turbo - a newer, better option?

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
Here in europe quite a few of us have been following the development of a new turbo. Not quite available retail it looks to have a great range, with decent gains. It has just been tested using Revo software at 500bhp (419whp) and is most likely capable of more with fine tuning. I've actually driven the development car (edition30) and it spools as good as a K04, but the power just keeps on coming!!

I've driven the APR GT2871 in a few cars and the Loba is waaaaay better in delivery.

I'm just about sold on this for my car when it is available. :drool:

Here's a few linky's if anyone is interested...

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,49891.0.html

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Statller-Power-developments/350214158382915?ref=hl

drewbroo

Ready to race!
Here in europe quite a few of us have been following the development of a new turbo. Not quite available retail it looks to have a great range, with decent gains. It has just been tested using Revo software at 500bhp (419whp) and is most likely capable of more with fine tuning. I've actually driven the development car (edition30) and it spools as good as a K04, but the power just keeps on coming!!

I've driven the APR GT2871 in a few cars and the Loba is waaaaay better in delivery.

I'm just about sold on this for my car when it is available. :drool:

Here's a few linky's if anyone is interested...

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,49891.0.html

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Statller-Power-developments/350214158382915?ref=hl

I had something Similar on my Cobalt SS, it was a BNR 2871... it was impressive for just a bolt on K04 upgrade (Could use almost stock everything just needed a BOV.)

But with a core it was only 1200.00. 1900 without a core. So 3K for this setup is a little steep in the bolt on world. Not including tuning, and no extensive testing.

Last edited:

ImAuthenticFTW

Go Kart Champion
I had something Similar on my Cobalt SS, it was a BNR 2871... it was impressive for just a bolt on K04 upgrade (Could use almost stock everything just needed a BOV.)

But with a core it was only 1200.00. 1900 without a core. So 3K for this setup is a little steep in the bolt on world. Not including tuning, and no extensive testing.

Hmm 3k for a turbo that would bolt on to stock location downpipes, need slight intake mods, and just need tuning (i have a Eurodyne Maestro cable sitting right next to me as i type this)

Might not be THAT bad of a deal.

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
I see your point from your point of view, but this is more than just a K04 upgrade, yes it is expensive, but quality always is;)

drewbroo

Ready to race!
Hmm 3k for a turbo that would bolt on to stock location downpipes, need slight intake mods, and just need tuning (i have a Eurodyne Maestro cable sitting right next to me as i type this)

Might not be THAT bad of a deal.

you will need injectors as will if you plan on flowing more than 380WHP

drewbroo

Ready to race!
Nah not at this point. Honestly i want to do a GTX3071 kit, but tune on low boost to avoid building the motor right away.

Then once i build the motor up the boost with Maestro.

At 380 WHP you should be at 100% IDC.... 18 PSI on that turbo would be fun though

ImAuthenticFTW

Go Kart Champion
At 380 WHP you should be at 100% IDC.... 18 PSI on that turbo would be fun though

i worded that wrong, when i said nah not at this point, i mean that i'd stay lower power levels to avoid injectors until i just build it. This is all a pipe dream right now for me anyway.lol

Halvie

WOOSA
the 419whp is on race fuel?

Why are all the European built cars so much more impressive than anything being done over here...

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
419whp was on 98ron fuel with water methanol injection at a 50/50 mix

Basically in the UK we have 2 grades of pump gas and that is 95ron and 98-99ron. 95ron is available at all gas stations, 98/99ron is available at the majority of Shell and Supermarket stations.