GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

S3 IC or SPM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dom1

Ready to race!
The only bad thing is I know that once i get the new southbend stage 3 daily clutch and the SPM IC, All thats left is k04.. does it ever end? F*ck this mod bug..

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
Nope. I think this was a fluke.

But can you justify an extra 500 bucks for a better fitting AC bracket that is to me extraneous

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

No not at all. I was just curious if the fitment issue was related to the size of the core or just the design. I will most likely be going with the SPM core. They gave me a free exhaust, two t-shirts, and a $50 store credit so far, so I think I owe it to them to purchase a full mount kit and intercooler :thumbsup:

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Does the APR unit require removal/cutting of the bracket too? I'll finally be upgrading in the spring. I've been running the stock core with K04 since August and would prefer to run something bigger than the S3 core.

Nope. It fit like a satin glove. Perfect. Even with one person installing, it was simply astonishing how perfect it was in fitment.

The added performance and well engineering flow is always monstrous on the APR core as well.

A_Bowers

No not at all. I was just curious if the fitment issue was related to the size of the core or just the design. I will most likely be going with the SPM core. They gave me a free exhaust, two t-shirts, and a $50 store credit so far, so I think I owe it to them to purchase a full mount kit and intercooler :thumbsup:

You will not be disappointed with that setup. Vibration will be bad for a couple hundred miles. After that smoothss out a huge amount. Love mine.

HSTuning

Ready to race!
Does the APR unit require removal/cutting of the bracket too? I'll finally be upgrading in the spring. I've been running the stock core with K04 since August and would prefer to run something bigger than the S3 core.

The APR intercooler is easily one of the best fitting aftermarket parts we've ever installed. The fitment couldn't possibly be any better for the size of the core and end tanks. The CBFA cars have a small temp sensor attached to the radiator that won't allow anything any bigger than APR's to be installed. We've installed almost every other brand and none of them even come close to the fitment.

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
You will not be disappointed with that setup. Vibration will be bad for a couple hundred miles. After that smoothss out a huge amount. Love mine.

I have the Autotech insert now and have some vibrations, but they don't really bother me. I thought my mounts were fine until I went to the track a few weeks ago and had the car actually hook out of the hole. My car hopped so bad the second pass that it separated the downpipe and catback at the sleeve connector haha

The APR intercooler is easily one of the best fitting aftermarket parts we've ever installed. The fitment couldn't possibly be any better for the size of the core and end tanks. The CBFA cars have a small temp sensor attached to the radiator that won't allow anything any bigger than APR's to be installed. We've installed almost every other brand and none of them even come close to the fitment.

Thanks for the input Dave!

A_Bowers

I have the Autotech insert now and have some vibrations, but they don't really bother me. I thought my mounts were fine until I went to the track a few weeks ago and had the car actually hook out of the hole. My car hopped so bad the second pass that it separated the downpipe and catback at the sleeve connector haha

Thanks for the input Dave!

Dang dude. Yeah. No issues with that with the mounts. At all. I laid two strips of tire in second and zero hop. Hole shots are the same way.

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
Zero fitment issues at all with my SPM intercooler. Fit like a glove and the whole install took 2 hours. Only problem was the hoses were a bit short but that could have been because of the aftermarket TOP or the fact that its a Tiguan.

A_Bowers

Zero fitment issues at all with my SPM intercooler. Fit like a glove and the whole install took 2 hours. Only problem was the hoses were a bit short but that could have been because of the aftermarket TOP or the fact that its a Tiguan.

HES BACKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
Dang dude. Yeah. No issues with that with the mounts. At all. I laid two strips of tire in second and zero hop. Hole shots are the same way.

Believe me, I have no hop on the street and it lays down stripes without a problem. Put the car on a fully prepped track where it hooks really well out of the hole launching at 4k and things get ugly in second gear when you come into boost.

nino196

Passed Driver's Ed
S3 goes on very easy.. from what the people who installed mine told me, lol. ;)

this is one of the best comparison shots I've seen to date, includes (from left to right), APR - S3 - Stock IC:

I do think that SPM, Godspeed, EJ, etc, have great options for around $500ish, and are right in the middle of things.

And here's the GS that went in and my S3 that came out:

Not trying to compare any products. But I ordered the Eurojet FMIC for $575 after shipping with a deal they had over the holiday. It wouldn't hurt to call them and ask if they would let you purchase their unit with the code DEALDAY29

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
No issues with my GS.

Status
Not open for further replies.