GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The FK Coilover Thread.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
don't forget FK Sport Edition Plus. Probably the most unknown coils they have; they're basically Highsports but with 6-way adjustable dampening

I do always forget about sport edition plus even though I have 2 friends on them who swear by them. Who even sells them anymore? I couldn't find them on ECS or anywhere.

If you want to see pics, go to golfmkv and check out the slammed thread.... nearly all the static low cars in that thread are on FK's.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Heres an example of zero thread, no helpers, notched, and rear perchs still in on sport edition pluses. This isn't show low either. He drives it everyday like this.

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
^ thats awesome.. im from the chicago area so i can see myself driving with them that low but i definitely wanna be tucking some tire.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
It may look it depending on how you judge your low, but that car is 21 7/8" FTG, and the subframe rides about 1/2" off the deck.

Koni's take you somewhat low, but not FK low.

EuroStylez

Go Kart Champion
It may look it depending on how you judge your low, but that car is 21 7/8" FTG, and the subframe rides about 1/2" off the deck.

Koni's take you somewhat low, but not FK low.

yeaaa ur right! now that i posted the pics that rabbit is def lower!
and i know fks go lower i just wonder hows the ride quality being that low

whokiid

Ready to race!
to be honest, im not getting much information from this thread so far.

i have been in the market for a set of coilovers and have also considered FK's. however, when i see all the different models, it stops me dead in my tracks.

so if theres someone (some people) on this forum that knows the difference between each models and would be willing to explain on this thread, many of us would really appreciate it.

specifically, i was looking at the silverline, silverline x, high sport, and konigsport models. these are all around the same price range ($800-$1000)- which makes it really difficult for me to choose, especially because i cant decipher the mumbo jumbo description on the website.

please, somebody, rescue us.

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
silverline, height adjustable + stainless steel
silverline x, dampening and height adjustable + stainless steel so they won't bind up
high sport, height adjustable
and konigsport adjustable dampening and height with Koni shocks

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
^ good info.. what about the streetlines? only 496 shipped from ECStuning.. i was thinking of getting these because i live in chicago and feel buying expensive coilovers would be pointless seeing that id prolly ruin them in a couple years with winters here.. id rather buy $500 coilovers every 2-3 years rather than buying $1100 ones every 2-3 years... what are your thoughts guys?

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
^ good info.. what about the streetlines? only 496 shipped from ECStuning.. i was thinking of getting these because i live in chicago and feel buying expensive coilovers would be pointless seeing that id prolly ruin them in a couple years with winters here.. id rather buy $500 coilovers every 2-3 years rather than buying $1100 ones every 2-3 years... what are your thoughts guys?

with good quality set of coils and proper maintenance there is no reason you can't get years of use out of them...with the salt and chemicals stainless steel shock bodies will do the best