GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Serious Coilover Comparison Questions

phil

becausephilchow
RSMark5,
What are you thoughs on Ksport Kontrol Pro Coilovers for the mk6??

Have a buddy with these on a MKV, so they're identical.

Honestly, if I were to go away from Air, i'd go into a set of KSport Kontrol Pro Coilovers.

Why?

1) Amazing adjustability. When we had set them not-low at all. IE, all the helpers, locking collars, and everything were still in. Let me tell you, they rode better than any lowered car I've ever sat in. When we started pulling them, for him to go damn low, they went damn low. He still has half a perch in the rear, and a locking collar and some threads in the front, and he can barely turn without rubbing, and the rears, if he pulled that half perch, he'd be tucking rim daily on an 18.

They go plenty low, and even at his height right now, it rides comparable to my KONI Coilovers when they were on Half-Stiff Front and Full-Stiff Rear.

2) Front Camber Plates. Amazing, and incredibly smart by KSport to include these. Nobody else really makes Camber Plates for a MKV, and they're hella useful. Whether you want to use them for wheel-clearance, or fine-tuning on the track.

3) Price. They're not expensive. Around $950.00 on sale. What more do you want? Great price for them.

Hope that helps :)

junior0404

Ready to race!
Have a buddy with these on a MKV, so they're identical.

Honestly, if I were to go away from Air, i'd go into a set of KSport Kontrol Pro Coilovers.

Why?

1) Amazing adjustability. When we had set them not-low at all. IE, all the helpers, locking collars, and everything were still in. Let me tell you, they rode better than any lowered car I've ever sat in. When we started pulling them, for him to go damn low, they went damn low. He still has half a perch in the rear, and a locking collar and some threads in the front, and he can barely turn without rubbing, and the rears, if he pulled that half perch, he'd be tucking rim daily on an 18.

They go plenty low, and even at his height right now, it rides comparable to my KONI Coilovers when they were on Half-Stiff Front and Full-Stiff Rear.

2) Front Camber Plates. Amazing, and incredibly smart by KSport to include these. Nobody else really makes Camber Plates for a MKV, and they're hella useful. Whether you want to use them for wheel-clearance, or fine-tuning on the track.

3) Price. They're not expensive. Around $950.00 on sale. What more do you want? Great price for them.

Hope that helps :)

yeah that's what I was just thinking lol, they have great info on it too on BSH's website! idk I think these are gona beat H&R UL for me.!

phil

becausephilchow
yeah that's what I was just thinking lol, they have great info on it too on BSH's website! idk I think these are gona beat H&R UL for me.!

H&R Ultralows are great. They ride real nice, however, the one down-fall I see from H&R's line is, there's no dampening adjustability.

That, I just don't like.

phil

becausephilchow
Thanks Phil! This dude knows his stuff! Listen to him!

:wub:

H&R Ultralows are great. They ride real nice, however, the one down-fall I see from H&R's line is, there's no dampening adjustability.

That, I just don't like.

Just wanted to expand on this:

I mean, personally, would I ever really adjust the dampening? Do I really care for it?

Not so much. But it's the principle. You have $1000 Coils that give you all these features. Comparable o the $2,500+ Range. I mean, quality, you can argue isn't the same, but feature wise, it is.

Ultralows aren't cheap. IIRC, they're somewhere in the $1,500+ Range. If I'm spending that money, I'd want some basic adjustment, other than height. It feels like I'm overpaying for something less, but that's jsut me.

junior0404

Ready to race!
:wub:

Just wanted to expand on this:

I mean, personally, would I ever really adjust the dampening? Do I really care for it?

Not so much. But it's the principle. You have $1000 Coils that give you all these features. Comparable o the $2,500+ Range. I mean, quality, you can argue isn't the same, but feature wise, it is.

Ultralows aren't cheap. IIRC, they're somewhere in the $1,500+ Range. If I'm spending that money, I'd want some basic adjustment, other than height. It feels like I'm overpaying for something less, but that's jsut me.

actualy 1200 from tirerack :p but still I like the adjustable feature on the Ksport!

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
since my money situation got f'd in the a with my dumbass wheel mishap i'm really considering FK Streetlines again.... just to sit "just right" this season and spring for bags next season.

i could front up $550 within about a month but i'd definitely want to run thinner tires all around before i drop. so, say, 3 months from now i COULD be on streetlines.

what do you think guys, is it worth it or should i just grin and bear it with racelands for a while until the end of the year when i can afford bags?

junior0404

Ready to race!
since my money situation got f'd in the a with my dumbass wheel mishap i'm really considering FK Streetlines again.... just to sit "just right" this season and spring for bags next season.

i could front up $550 within about a month but i'd definitely want to run thinner tires all around before i drop. so, say, 3 months from now i COULD be on streetlines.

what do you think guys, is it worth it or should i just grin and bear it with racelands for a while until the end of the year when i can afford bags?

IMHO just save till you can get the bags, why spend money on something you are going to change so quick..

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
i'll be so much happier when i'm lower and have a stiffer spring rate.

i mean, think of the streetlines as a $550 "dent" in my bags savings. that means at the WORST i'll get bags one month later than i was planning on. since even if i was saving for bags now i wouldn't have them installed til winter, why not just look fresh this season, and better next season?

junior0404

Ready to race!
i'll be so much happier when i'm lower and have a stiffer spring rate.

i mean, think of the streetlines as a $550 "dent" in my bags savings. that means at the WORST i'll get bags one month later than i was planning on. since even if i was saving for bags now i wouldn't have them installed til winter, why not just look fresh this season, and better next season?

guess that could work, you can always sell the fk's after and get some of the money back!

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion

Soooo are we comparing FK's to Racelands? Or are you just asking (again) what you should do with your car?

If we're still here to compare coilovers, FK's have much firmer valving and higher spring rates. Its still a twin tube, still basic coating, still little warranty. Its worth $250 more for the amount of drop and the much better ride quality of FK's.