GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Agency Power underbrace on clearance

zef

Drag Racing Champion

zrickety

The Fixer
Thanks for posting, you just saved me some money.

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Just ordered one through Vivid Racing (much cheaper shipping). I feel pretty bad buying a knockoff of Unibrace but the prices are just crazy. If Unibrace was within 30-40% of the cost I would take the hit but more than double the price...no thanks.

EDIT: Just so everyone knows, according to someone I spoke with at Agency Power, the Agency Power brace is 5mm thick. The Unibrace is 7mm thick. Both Aluminum.

Last edited:

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
^ yeah and this is an almost exact knock off. I don't typically support that either but damn, these companies are insane with some of their prices. They bring it upon themselves.

That said, I bought a used unibrace underbrace a while ago. Honestly was very disappointed. I have pretty much every other suspension component and other chassis bracing as well though. I would imagine on a more stock setup you'd feel the benefit from this one.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Just ordered one through Vivid Racing (much cheaper shipping). I feel pretty bad buying a knockoff of Unibrace but the prices are just crazy. If Unibrace was within 30-40% of the cost I would take the hit but more than double the price...no thanks.

EDIT: Just so everyone knows, according to someone I spoke with at Agency Power, the Agency Power brace is 5mm thick. The Unibrace is 7mm thick. Both Aluminum.

Damn, you did one better than me. I paid a little more than double for shipping going through agency direct. Oh well.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie

What's the link as I went on Vivid and couldn't find it

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
I guess the last question is now... how does it perform?

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
That said, I bought a used unibrace underbrace a while ago. Honestly was very disappointed. I have pretty much every other suspension component and other chassis bracing as well though. I would imagine on a more stock setup you'd feel the benefit from this one.

Not the first time I've seen this said. I feel like if you don't have a hatchbrace you'd be better off buying one of those instead, and if you do then you don't need an underbrace.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
thanks!

Wow.. shipping cost's are night and day.. .75 on Agency vs $14 on Vivid..

I know this has been brought up on other chats before.. anyone order and can comment on performance or durability? If it snaps because 2mm difference that would suck

Doubt 2mm would make that much of a difference. Unless you're on bone stock suspension with R compound tires I wouldn't be concerned

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Not the first time I've seen this said. I feel like if you don't have a hatchbrace you'd be better off buying one of those instead, and if you do then you don't need an underbrace.

Indeed. Now the hatch brace I was able to notice a significant firmer feel and less body roll. Eurosport x brace, and it was 1/4 the cost as unibrace.

OEMPL+S

Go Kart Newbie
This is a good deal .... But should I get the hatch brace instead?

The one that fastens right behind the bench or the one the fastens to the strut towers in the rear?

The underbrace is far more convenient.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

pdan

Ready to race!
Indeed. Now the hatch brace I was able to notice a significant firmer feel and less body roll. Eurosport x brace, and it was 1/4 the cost as unibrace.

I was debating picking up the unibrace xb hatch brace, but I agree the prices are ridiculous. Was the Eurosport x brace really that significant over the unibrace?? I have the unibrace ub and haven’t felt a whole lot of difference. Suspension and handling are some of the next things I’m working on upgrading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zef

Drag Racing Champion
You gotta drill holes in the body to mount the eurosport though correct?