K04 vs Dodge Charger Superbee

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
lolz

dknguyenn

Ready to race!

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
Super bee anything straight. GTI anything twistie.

This is like comparing a B52 to a F22. :thumbdown:

B52 has a MTOW of 488,000 lb, maximum speed of 560 knots (650mph), and thrust/weight ratio of 0.31.

F22 has a MTOW of 83,500 lb, maximum speed of about Mach 2.25 (1,300 knots/ 1,500 MPH) and thrust to weight of 1.05 (meaning it can stand on its tail and accelerate straight up). Not to mention with thrust vectoring it is one of the most maneuverable fighters in the world, with the ability to make zero radius turns and flip over within its own length...while the B52 that crashed at Fairchild in '94 was attempting to make a turn with a radius of roughly 900m, or SIXTEEN times its own width.

The jet analogy would probably be more accurate with a AV-8B Harrier II vs a Concorde. Harrier can barely top Mach 1 in level flight but can use thrust vectoring to make tight radius turns...while the Concorde can cruise at Mach 2 but (being an airliner) turns like a barge.

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
Its a apples to oranges comparison. Your comparing a stock 5,000lb+ car with a warranty to a modded shopping cart without one.

I didn't know that the VS section here was so concerned about warranty...and that shopping car does have a warranty, just not on the factory turbo.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Since when are those cars 5000lbs?

4200 tops. Some are under 4k lbs.

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
Not gonna throw out a win or a loss here, but I'll i'm gonna say is I raced a loud as HELL (painful) old gen charger srt8 the other day and stayed literally dead even.. It's perfectly possible he wasn't full throttle, I have no idea.

HardCandy

Go Kart Champion
ill let you guys know im trading in the gti soon, i just love the stripes the super bee brings to the table.

HardCandy

Go Kart Champion
yeah the old srt8's were very fast in my opinion and they could hustle out of corners well too.

.:AreThirteeTwo

Canyon Runner
i used to have a '06 300c srt8, almost the exact same as the super bee charger just different body style. It was lightly modded and had some weight reduction, now that exact setup pulled on a buddies stage 3 MKV GTI DSG. Granted, my car had about 475WHP and equal torque. They are quick cars stock, and can be really fast modded. the GTI's main advantage is alot less weight, and the fact that they dont have as much drive train loss with a typical standard auto 5 speed trans like the SRT8's do (minus the challenger)

But if it is a stock super bee (new or old) my guess is that you should hang with a new one and pull on an old one