GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Considering switching from APR stg 2 to equivalent competitor

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
ahhh this thread brings me back to the day. On topic for half a page then 3 pages of nonsense :laugh: gg everyone

rpandresen

Ready to race!
looks aggressive

But Back to OP have you made any considerations on switching or are you just gonna ride it out?

I'm looking into the differences between companies. I will either trash my APR tune or get a new one. It sucks too bad to keep.

I like the idea of Stratified but I don't know about the Cobb AP. Do you have to keep the AP plugged in at all times or is it a one time thing when changing tunes? I have a p3cars gauge in my vent and I don't want to have to replace it with a big ass device dangling in my car at all times.

Unsure about the benefits of the other companies vs APR.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Camrys piss me off. Get the fuck out of me way dude.

Jarred767

Ready to race!
ahhh this thread brings me back to the day. On topic for half a page then 3 pages of nonsense :laugh: gg everyone

I wasn't around back in the day, but I'm glad that I helped kick off the nonsense!

But seriously, Stratified with new Cobb AP or snag a used one and just pay $100 for the tune from Stratified. And if I'm pretty close to 100% stock, is there even going to be much of a difference between the stock Cobb Stage 1 and the Stratified Flash Tune? Or should I wait to get the Stratified tune until after I've done some bolt ons.

CHerna

Ready to race!
Uh...where did the 2.0t EA113 direct injection engine come from? 2004 to present made by Audi/Hungary...VW has eaten many Audi engines.

I get that, totally. I know the S3 and Golf R share the same engine. I just don't see them dropping the ea855 in a Golf just yet. I can see it in like a Tiguan R, if that ever came to be. That way they could charge up the ass for it, since it's an SUV.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I like the idea of Stratified but I don't know about the Cobb AP. Do you have to keep the AP plugged in at all times or is it a one time thing when changing tunes? I have a p3cars gauge in my vent and I don't want to have to replace it with a big ass device dangling in my car at all times.
You do not need to keep it plugged in. You simply plug it in flash the tune then unplug it. You can use the AP to read trouble codes if you ever get a CEL also. But no you dont need it plugged in after you flash it. You can simply keep it in the glove box or put it in your room in the box it came in.

I keep mine plugged in with a mount for the gauge function.. I keep Boost pressure, engine temp, and something else that i cant remember on permanent display.

CHerna

Ready to race!
You do not need to keep it plugged in. You simply plug it in flash the tune then unplug it. You can use the AP to read trouble codes if you ever get a CEL also. But no you dont need it plugged in after you flash it. You can simply keep it in the glove box or put it in your room in the box it came in.

I keep mine plugged in with a mount for the gauge function.. I keep Boost pressure, engine temp, and something else that i cant remember on permanent display.

Yepp.

Just don't leave in your car at the mall or something. I've seen them being stolen out of people's cars.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Yepp.

Just don't leave in your car at the mall or something. I've seen them being stolen out of people's cars.
ive left mine in now. Most people assume its a phone holder thats empty or a GPS. But i guess it depends on where you live.

But yeah its super simple to disconnect and take with you if wanted.