GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R Struts + VWR Springs

Brawtlanos

Passed Driver's Ed
I’m officially due for a suspension change and would love to kill that ugly wheel gap while I’m at it. Currently looking to make my own cup kit, with Golf R suspension kit + VWR sport springs.

In my head this sounds like a great plan, but I’d like to hear from all of you loyal mk6 folks. (No coils. Sticking with cup kits, custom or otherwise)

PDPritz

Go Kart Newbie
Know this is a old post but I running vwr springs with golf r shocks. Def a improvement over stock. The golf r shocks are valved slightly higher than stock and since vwr spring rate isn’t too high, though they’d match up great.

I’d say it’s about 15-20% stiffer then stock, def kept the car flatter around turns and increase response. Eventually I paired up:

RSW: really reduced the body roll significantly, but I still felt the front could use some improvement in responsiveness.
FSW + Tyrol dead set: front became tighter and less roll up front, steering wheel is heavier around turns due to the extra stiffness. Does make it a little rougher over uneven roads.
Super pro control arms/bushing up front: this helped reduce the slop I was feeling around turns from soft OEM control arm bushings. Improved front end traction during accelerating and Corning due to increase caster. Increased steering input and responsiveness as well.

I love how the setup right now but one thing I do notice the rear suspension has one “float” and takes longer to settle down around turns because the strut valving isn’t high enough. That’s where a adjustable struts or full coils will further improve the cars handling dynamics.