GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

KanyesChest

Ready to race!
Just some more thoughts on the intake today.. lower gears are DEFINITELY smoother and have more pull. I was messing around with the throttle in first gear, and there wasn’t any jerkiness like there is with the stock intake

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Just some more thoughts on the intake today.. lower gears are DEFINITELY smoother and have more pull. I was messing around with the throttle in first gear, and there wasn’t any jerkiness like there is with the stock intake
Good for you!

What's next?

Dartregor

Ready to race!
Yay almost have all the pieces of my full suspension build. All i need now is rear shock mounts. Figure since everything is out and thats one of the only things i dont have an aftermarket part for i might as well. Pics for what came in last night.

Rear swaybar mounts and brace.

Coilovers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Was in Savannah GA today, the ground is uneven there, high sided the front bumper on a curb while driving into a spot. Didn't notice anything until i got back to HHI. The black plastic piece came loose during the drive back and was hanging down and dragging.

Unfastened the T20 Torx screws and loosened the black piece enough to press it forward back into place and screwed it back together.

Dartregor

Ready to race!
I always love shiny new parts. Looks like fun. What are you going to go with for the front bushings?

Let me see if i can find some pics. Basically swapping in a complete brand new suspension except front swaybar, and steering knuckle/ bearings.

Dartregor

Ready to race!
I always love shiny new parts. Looks like fun. What are you going to go with for the front bushings?

Well heres the rest of my rear suspension. It has all the new bolts to the side.

Cant find a pic of my front. Ill pull it out of my storage room tomorrow and lay it out. And snap a few pics. But i believe i can list it from memory. I got light weight aluminium control arms with some fancy red 90a poly bushings. Heavy duty upper strut mounts and a new bearing for it. New in er and outer tire rods. New ball joints. And new steering rack dust boots. A lot of stuff was wearing out so i figured id just get a refresh kit and swap it all out so itll be good for another 8 years. My bushings were worn and there was starting to be some play in my tie rods.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Wow thats alot of new goodies! BUT alot of work to get it setup right,...like reading spark plugs,...the tire wear can tell you if something is really out, so get a good alignment shop to help you and log the changes.

Since we drive our Golf at the track, I say we as my Son takes it out to Toronto MotorSport Park every chance he got before we left for SC ... without me I may add,...well it's really his car.

I should be running alot of those upgrades BUT we don't spend money on upgrades, we just replace what wears out/breaks, some times with upgrade parts as in the case of the Front Control Arm Bushings but mostly with VW parts. I believe running skinny 205s (albeit Pilot Sports) actually help with the wear and tear on the bushings as the car slides around on track, we manage the slip angles and by been smooth and with the cars cars setup/alignment. We used to find the ESC or whatever its called to be a pain but found that if manage the slip angles and drove smooth right up to the point just before it interviews that you can use it as a good driving tool to go faster, but once it comes on it slows you down, its like a slap on the wrist.

The only thing we keep having to do (and I don't mention it here as we do it often) is we tighten/replace the subframe bolts. The subframe kit from Tyrol from a few years ago only lasted a short while for us, and I'm not about to buy it again.

I guess we like driving more than the mechanics, if it ain't broke,... .

PS. Since we got to Hilton Head we haven't been able to get on at the Roebling Road Track, no Porsche or BMW days. Motorcycle guys has some days booked, only glimmer of hope Robin Liddell has this Wednesday booked, I know him from Daytona so trying to contact him, maybe we can get on.

Last edited:

Dartregor

Ready to race!
Wow thats alot of new goodies! BUT alot of work to get it setup right,...like reading spark plugs,...the tire wear can tell you if something is really out, so get a good alignment shop to help you and log the changes.

Since we drive our Golf at the track, I say we as my Son takes it out to Toronto MotorSport Park every chance he got before we left for SC ... without me I may add,...well it's really his car.

I should be running alot of those upgrades BUT we don't spend money on upgrades, we just replace what wears out/breaks, some times with upgrade parts as in the case of the from control arm bushings but mostly with VW parts. I believe running skinny 205s (albeit Pilot Sports) actually help with the wear and tear on the bushings as the car slides around on track, we manage the slip angles by been smooth and with the cars cars setup/alignment. We used to find the ESC or whatever its called to be a pain but found that if manage the slip angles and drove smooth right up to the point just before it interviews that you can use it as a good driving tool to go faster, but once it comes on it slows you down, its like a slap on the wrist.

Yeah i hear you. I spent a few years in my friends gti that had some aftermarket parts so im trying to get it slightly better than what i remember with that. I threw on my 225/45 R18s and that helped a ton as far as feel but i want more. Want that tight reactive feeling back.

Also i wonder if theres a way to completely turn off the tcs and stability like you can in gtis. Loke i wonder if that will be an option when i get my new highline cecm. I hated it this last winter as it prevented me from doing my fun time drifts at the wee hours at night.

Naffy

Passed Driver's Ed
Installed cts turbo catback exhaust, bought off local forum member with a GTI. Still slight leak but hey it sounds good.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah i hear you. I spent a few years in my friends gti that had some aftermarket parts so im trying to get it slightly better than what i remember with that. I threw on my 225/45 R18s and that helped a ton as far as feel but i want more. Want that tight reactive feeling back.

Also i wonder if theres a way to completely turn off the tcs and stability like you can in gtis. Loke i wonder if that will be an option when i get my new highline cecm. I hated it this last winter as it prevented me from doing my fun time drifts at the wee hours at night.
Be careful of what you wish for! Feel is subjective, and I'm not sure what you mean by "reactive feeling" I know alot of guys want a goKart twitchy feel/reaction BUT that setup can be dangerous at high speed.

Installed cts turbo catback exhaust, bought off local forum member with a GTI. Still slight leak but hey it sounds good.
I hope you got a killer deal on the exhaust.

Naffy

Passed Driver's Ed
Be careful of what you wish for! Feel is subjective, and I'm not sure what you mean by "reactive feeling" I know alot of guys want a goKart twitchy feel/reaction BUT that setup can be dangerous at high speed.

I hope you got a killer deal on the exhaust.
$300 to replace the oem GTI exhaust I had? Can't be upset with that. Exhaust leak is on my part that I need to fix.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
$300 to replace the oem GTI exhaust I had? Can't be upset with that. Exhaust leak is on my part that I need to fix.
Offer up the old GTI Exhaust on this forum for sale, I'm sure someone is looking for a GTI Exhaust.