GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR 2.0 TSI K04 v3.1 Software Now Available!

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion
I have also had DSG issues. First at v3.0, the DSG was horrible, I had many fault codes and had to go back to v2 tune. Then again at v3.1 still having issues with normal driving. Especially from take off untill about 40mph. Car is dropping RPM's and bogging down between 2-3 and 3-4 gear especially. btw i am also MKV TSI.

Last edited:

Charlie22911

Ready to race!
Sean, can you chime in on the changed cold starts?
I'd like to know why it's louder, more out of curiosity.

dave80

Go Kart Champion
We should get refunds for not getting a K04 tune that works. Even the first K04 mkv Tsi tune from APR was crap. $2400 wasted on apr, never again. I could have saved close to a $1000 if I knew all the bologna crap I know now. Stupid newb me believed all the apr propaganda.

Motodude310

Go Kart Champion
I would think the slight rpm drop would just the the clutch pack grabbing. :iono:

All I know is my car fuckin tears it up. Anything under 4k is kinda meh, but when v-tech kicks in it's like WHOAH!!

TheCastle

Ready to race!
ok. I guess I'll try the v3.1 once again and see how the "fixed for quite a while" works out. Hopefully car won't jerk/almost stall when taking off from a complete stop like it did last time when I was on 3.1

We should get refunds for not getting a K04 tune that works. Even the first K04 mkv Tsi tune from APR was crap. $2400 wasted on apr, never again. I could have saved close to a $1000 if I knew all the bologna crap I know now. Stupid newb me believed all the apr propaganda.

I guess if you want to try it one day and the next your don't want to try it. Sounds like you shouldn't commit ;-)

Last edited:

dave80

Go Kart Champion
I guess if you want to try it one day and the next your don't want to try it. Sounds like you shouldn't commit ;-)

never commit to a tune. Wish I could try all of them, but that would be just wasting money. I just want APR to fix the mkv TSI K04 tune for the guys. Few of them have reached out to me with the same dsg issues. Not getting any feedback back from APR, or even acknowledging the issue sucks. Sure, it was fixed with the v3.1 tune:yikes:

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion
It does seem like APR is ignoring the MKV TSI guys..although i finally did get an email from Vic. Hopefully they can do something after the holidays or else I am def switching tunes. I am keeping this car for a while and dont want to be annoyed during daily driving due to the DSG shifting problems.

reillyse

Go Kart Champion
It does seem like APR is ignoring the MKV TSI guys..although i finally did get an email from Vic. Hopefully they can do something after the holidays or else I am def switching tunes. I am keeping this car for a while and dont want to be annoyed during daily driving due to the DSG shifting problems.

Havent posted here in months (just lurking), however THIS. I have a 3 bar map sensor sitting in my trunk and rocking the v2.2 beta file until I hear that MKV TSI DSG guys are satisfied.

NNWGB6

Passed Driver's Ed
Anybody have any issues with the Passat on v3.1? I'm still rocking v2 because I'm worried vw's perpetual need to vary coding will have made my Passat some one off that will have dsg issues. Model year 10 is the only year dsg was available on the 2.0t in the Passat which automatically means variance. Supposedly its on the mk6 electronics but I'm not certain.

james9120

Go Kart Champion
Why do the RPMs drop for a split second after the clutch's grab between shifts while accelerating!! Shouldn't they be increasing???

Motodude310

Go Kart Champion
I'm wondering if there has been any solution to the problem with full mounts causing the knock sensor to freak out? Really wanting to do the engine/trans mounts after seeing what the dogbone mount does.