GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need input, mk6 GTI vs Acura TL V6

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
@SyDiko maybe Honda will put a plastic intake manifold on one of their cars someday so they can have that vw reliability you speak of?

I was probably driving a Honda when you were still crapping your Mom's Breast Milk....I have had good ones and bad ones....My family have owned good ones and bad ones...The Honda of the 80's and 90's were MUCH better cars then they are now.

VW? I am new to this world though we have a 60 bug convertible in my Dads garage that has been in the family for over 50 yrs, still on its original engine and tranny. Thats reliable.

My Dad worked for Acura from 86-92 again probably before you were born, and if you think they are all Reliable??? haha Ask him he may convince you otherwise.

I do agree many cars are using Plastic pieces NOT just VW. Most manufactures are. Im not saying VW is the shit, but at least they are fun to drive. Most Hondas are as much fun as driving a Toyota. I wont even go there......

I do think Honda's though are "Good" cars....I just wouldn't buy one anytime soon...Honda (besides the Accord) have some of the ugliest cars on the road...YUCK:thanks:

Jeff

Last edited:

LargeMargeSentMe

Ready to race!
@Jeffs2013GTI your reading comprehension astounds me, I said I wasn't aware Honda made an automatic.

I'm on the same side as you, as I mentioned before, been a vw owner for quite sometime and love them more than I ever did my Honda's.

and for the age comment... I'm old as fuck too bud. my first car was an 88 civic. I only, and would only drive 80's / 90's b-series equipped hondas (reliability) if I were to buy another Honda, the new ones are ugly as sin. far as I'm concerned they hit a wall in 2001 and haven't recovered since. those new accord headlights poking out??? jesus they do look like something Toyota would come up with. completely generic vanilla pedestrian cars now.

Last edited:

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
Okay guys lets turn this away from bashing Hondas, they make some pretty nice cars that are practical and inexpensive for daily driving. yes some may have bad transmissions but we also have faulty DSG transmissions that cost and arm and a leg to replace. I''ll post a video after I do some runs.

c72k

Go Kart Champion
My trans was going out after 89k on my 2008 crv awhile ago... car was a POS

SyDiko

Ready to race!
@SyDiko maybe Honda will put a plastic intake manifold on one of their cars someday so they can have that vw reliability you speak of?

Why'd you have to go there?

How about they add some better lumbar support while they're at it so my seat doesn't rock when I start, brake or shift gears! :fighting0030:

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
Did a few races tonight, let my friend count it off and his reaction time to his own "GO!" was awful...(He needs more experience launching the car).... anyways I put about two car lengths on him around 50-55 and at 70 i was onto another planet compared to his speed.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
Did a few races tonight, let my friend count it off and his reaction time to his own "GO!" was awful...(He needs more experience launching the car).... anyways I put about two car lengths on him around 50-55 and at 70 i was onto another planet compared to his speed.

No surprises there, but I'm willing to bet his reaction (stepping on the gas pedal) time was fine - its just the 4th gen TL is not a sports (or sporty) car. It's a nice comfy 4-door sedan.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
No surprises there, but I'm willing to bet his reaction (stepping on the gas pedal) time was fine - its just the 4th gen TL is not a sports (or sporty) car. It's a nice comfy 4-door sedan.

They are slow to respond, my 2004 Tsx was like that, for a car that advertised as 200 hp and 170 ibs ft of torque (same as a 2.5 and 1.8t btw), i only manage to break 8.5 on 0-60. They are indeed heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie

Not sure if this was sarcasm but honda's been there and done that.

LargeMargeSentMe

Ready to race!
@fastlax16 that was not sarcasm, and that is indeed a plastic intake manifold on a honda! looks like the newer acura's all had them until 2014. I suppose I should eat my shorts : (

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
@fastlax16 that was not sarcasm, and that is indeed a plastic intake manifold on a honda! looks like the newer acura's all had them until 2014. I suppose I should eat my shorts : (

Only one I knew for certain was the base rsx with the k20a3 engine. The ep3 civic si had the same motor but may not have had the plastic manifold. The type-s and type r didn't have plastic. Neither did the k24 on the tsx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
My father's 2003 TL-S has 130k miles and is on its 3rd auto tranny. That unit is absolute trash. The car would have been a lemon had Honda not supported him for each tranny swap. Right now it's perminantly in the garage due to front subframe rust. Hondas are not all they're talked up to be. :fighting0030:

Edit to add, my grandmother's hardly-driven Odyssey is on it's second tranny.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
My father's 2003 TL-S has 130k miles and is on its 3rd auto tranny. That unit is absolute trash. The car would have been a lemon had Honda not supported him for each tranny swap. Right now it's perminantly in the garage due to front subframe rust. Hondas are not all they're talked up to be. :fighting0030:

Edit to add, my grandmother's hardly-driven Odyssey is on it's second tranny.

Yeah, there was a few years in the early naughties that Honda couldn't keep V-6 transmissions from eating themselves.