GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A whole bunch of codes. A new adventure awaits.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
Ok guys. Having quite a few codes popping up I've looked them up and I have an idea on the direction I want to go, but I'm welcome to suggestions. Here it goes:

P2279 air intake leak. I have the stock intake on with a P Flo drop in replacement. I've check the stock clamps and cleaned them up.

P2187 system too lean at idle bank 1 (o2 sensor ?)

P0300 random misfire. Which is coupled with P0303 & P0304 misfire in cylinder 3&4. ( coil packs and plugs I'm assuming. )

I replaced the fuel filter right after receiving these codes hoping that was it. Also the car makes a slight metal winding noise when idling and driving. Car also fluctuates rpms while at a stop from 890-1200 then drops back to idle. Car is stock and sits at 76,200 miles. Let me know what you guys think.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Sounds like either a pcv issue or intake manifold leak.

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
Yep most maf leak

Agreed, I got this when I took off the intake to install my downdown and the hard to get off oem clamps on the inlet where the culprit. Also, check the clamps at the 45 degree bends post maf and the ALL the torx bolts on the intake.

FriggenT1

Banned
Typically when you get all, or most cylinder misfire codes along with system lean codes it's a pcv failure. Take that from someone who searches for things to no end before finally doing something about it. Watching the humble mechanic videos, etc all taught me these things for the pcv issues. Check to make sure you have the latest revision which is on the top of the valve, if it doesn't end with "AC" it's old. Mine was "E" and it was shot. I would almost guarantee that's it.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the info guys. I'll be purchasing a new pcv since they are pretty cheap. Hopefully that solves the issue.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
Replaced the PCV and everything is working fine again. We will see if I end up replacing it in a year, doubtful but we will see.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
Good deal...if it goes up again, either get a cc, or an oem pcv (AC revision)

Is there a difference? When I took the old one off and compared it to the new one they looked identical with the same thickness on the little rubber piece. Durometer may be different I could not tell.

FriggenT1

Banned
Is there a difference? When I took the old one off and compared it to the new one they looked identical with the same thickness on the little rubber piece. Durometer may be different I could not tell.

Well, 2 oems side by side look the same, but they're not, so I really couldn't tell you how they are different, I know the failure rate for off brand pcvs appears to be higher