GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Starting issues, car won't start anymore after it died while idling

Calkulin

Ready to race!
Need some help on what to look at to find out why my car won't start anymore. Car was idling in my driveway for a couple of minutes, then it died(with no weird sounds) and just cranks without a hint of trying to turn on. Battery is on a charger, so there's no issues with power

I do have a spare ECU but I left it somewhere that would take me a couple of hours to get, so what else can I check/log before I go get that ECU?

Things I've checked so far

Any weird sounds while cranking(like valves hitting the pistons due to skipped timing, etc)

ECU does not report any faults through VCDS

Car has over 1/4 of a tank but added 2 gals to be sure

Checked all the fuses in the engine bay and inside the car

Fuel pump duty cycle(70%), fuel rail pressure(195 bar) & injector timing(3ms) while cranking

Cylinder compression(165, 165, 170, 160)

All 4 spark plugs have spark while cranking

Replaced camshaft position sensor again as that was replaced a month ago due to leaking oil

Last edited:

Calkulin

Ready to race!
I managed to fix the car even though it's a weird way to fix it. I reflashed my Eurodyne tune(haven't touched it in months) just for the heck of it and the car started right up, so something in the programming decided to screw up for no reason but at least it's up and running :thumbsup:

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
please followup if the issue comes back for general forum knowledge purposes will ya