GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RNS 315 Ghost Call - 2013 GTI

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
I have been having a strange issue lately , when I turn the car on and turn the unit on it calls by own number . The unit indicated that the call is on going and I have to end the call. The phone doesn't actually ring . It's just the head unit that indicates a call in progress.

I reset the head unit to factory settings, re-paird the phone with the unit but the issue continues. Has anyone else experience a similar issue

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2

relic1

Passed Driver's Ed
trying to call voicemail??

I saw something like this a while back with Waze running the background... it was doing speech for hazards and stop light cameras. The radio would indicate that it was in a call to my number. I would not hear anything because it would not switch over fast enough to catch to warning.
But this was brief and I never had the option to end the 'call'

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
trying to call voicemail??

I saw something like this a while back with Waze running the background... it was doing speech for hazards and stop light cameras. The radio would indicate that it was in a call to my number. I would not hear anything because it would not switch over fast enough to catch to warning.
But this was brief and I never had the option to end the 'call'

I have not installed any new apps but something could be interfering with the headunit not sure .

On the headunit it had my actual phone# listed and had a timer as if the call is connected and on going . I had the option to disconnect the call.

The issues has not come back since I posted about it, seems intermittent.

I'm trying to find the Bluetooth adapter in my car but have no idea where it's at . It's definitely not under the passenger seat . I thing it maybe in the center console. I have no clue how to remove the plastic box that has the proprietary media connector attached to it. Looks like it may need some metal radio pull tools, In order to be removed .

Sent from my Pixel 2

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
RNS315's bluetooth module is internal to the radio.
Didn't know that, thanks
Also figured what the issue was. Google voice app was causing the issue , everytime I would get in the car unlock the phone and open the app to reply to a text the issue came up. Very strange

Sent from my Pixel 2

relic1

Passed Driver's Ed
some of the apps do odd things with the bluetooth connection, I've found several that do not release the connection properly. Fortunately those apps were quick to update to fix the issue. (when I reported it)

glad to hear you figured it out.