GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
yikes - yeah, doubling down when wrong is especially not a good thing, lol.

the fasting is usually an 8hr window of eating, and 16 of no eating, including sleep. As well as some who fast almost an entire day or limit to 500 calories. Just interesting to talk about and to compare to our ancestors and how often they did NOT eat and what we do now, lol. The reason you don't hear about fasting much is most likely because there is no money to make off it, lol, but I did a few days last week and ill be doing more going forward, as I really need to drop more pounds and i seem to plateau often.
I do this often just because of how the day falls. Skipping breakfast and lunch, eating dinner, repeat. Have not lost weight which leads me to think fasting doesn't work.

My racekar has full interior :iono:
I don't have back seats anymore. I am a ricer

^

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I do this often just because of how the day falls. Skipping breakfast and lunch, eating dinner, repeat. Have not lost weight which leads me to think fasting doesn't work.

I don't have back seats anymore. I am a ricer

^

what kind of stuff do you eat for dinner? anything after it? are you drinking just water and coffee throughout the day? i forgot, but not working out as much as you used to , right?

#Time4JayToInstallWoodFloorInHatch

plz confirm

sent letter. Wait 3-5 business days.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
wow. dat skill

I dunno that it has anything to do with skill.... more like "I don't want to stare at dirt and bare metal and hear every little pebble and rock tink-tink-tink its way through the wheel arches..."

with that roll bar, FTW

#safetyfirst

I'm certainly not an expert but I have heard that skipping meals actually causes your body to store fat because it's not sure when the next meal will come - vs. lots of small, little meals throughout the day, your body uses it up because it knows the next burst of food is around the corner. Or something like that.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I dunno that it has anything to do with skill.... more like "I don't want to stare at dirt and bare metal and hear every little pebble and rock tink-tink-tink its way through the wheel arches..."

#safetyfirst

I'm certainly not an expert but I have heard that skipping meals actually causes your body to store fat because it's not sure when the next meal will come - vs. lots of small, little meals throughout the day, your body uses it up because it knows the next burst of food is around the corner. Or something like that.

lol true. can hear everything. When i went to Blackhawk I put two huge blankets in the back seat. made a nice difference yeah.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
what kind of stuff do you eat for dinner? anything after it? are you drinking just water and coffee throughout the day? i forgot, but not working out as much as you used to , right?

#Time4JayToInstallWoodFloorInHatch

sent letter. Wait 3-5 business days.

start a poll on which wood jay is going to use? :iono:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

yes, those are the other methods that people use/recite and apparently some don't agree, but yeah Ive heard those forver too - 6 small meals a day or every 2hours or so, and the fat storing too.

the guy doctor is incredible, can listen to him talk non stop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHdoAhZyP3I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6KClPkotxM

his full episode was really good.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Mclaren hat too..

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
i might have to try this "be a dick" thing in my present work situation. walking the fine line of looking like im being a childish stick-in-the-mud tho.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I fasted those two days in a row and saw exactly what dudeguy was saying - more sharp, alert, etc. When I ate over the weekend on our MI trip, I could see why i would feel bloated, have the energy drop-off in the afternoon, etc, etc.. so I will def be implementing this to see how it works for a few months as I continue to try and lose weight.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
i might have to try this "be a dick" thing in my present work situation. walking the fine line of looking like im being a childish stick-in-the-mud tho.

yeah.. gotta do it right, or it can go horribly wrong, a la HR, etc.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
I fasted those two days in a row and saw exactly what dudeguy was saying - more sharp, alert, etc. When I ate over the weekend on our MI trip, I could see why i would feel bloated, have the energy drop-off in the afternoon, etc, etc.. so I will def be implementing this to see how it works for a few months as I continue to try and lose weight.

Just eat less food, but of higher quality and nutritional value. Do more BS bike rides.

Status
Not open for further replies.