Official Chicagoland Chat Thread: Now with 150% More Daily Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
wow... the hammer was put down!

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I didn't do it but I support it. We're pretty relaxed but after someone is temp banned then comes back and is still a tool, well...

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Got this loaner from Bill Jacobs. Not impressed.

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
Idk what his deal was. I've stayed out of his shit

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
:thumbup: Its a car! hahahaha... Is it the turbo one atleast?
i know, don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I wasn't even expecting a courtesy car. :thumbsup: to Virko for offering it. Just saying that compared to the GTI its really pretty bad. It is a turbo, with the regular auto tranny

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
Will you put me in a CC on Thursday? Pretty please?
Kevin, whatever is available. I cannot make any promises. You truely might end up in a baby blue beetle :)

i know, don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I wasn't even expecting a courtesy car. :thumbsup: to Virko for offering it. Just saying that compared to the GTI its really pretty bad. It is a turbo, with the regular auto tranny
Ya... we always give a loaner if we cannot get you in and out.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
The beetles aren't bad but a little disappointing once they actually came out. The pics and renderings looked great, almost TT sized then it came out an it's fucking enormous.

How are they selling?

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
The beetles aren't bad but a little disappointing once they actually came out. The pics and renderings looked great, almost TT sized then it came out an it's fucking enormous.

How are they selling?

100% agreed! They are way too big! They should have made them alot smaller. They dont sell as good as I thought they were, but then again, I thought they were going to be smaller and more sporty. You will always have your "beetle people" though. And to my surprise they actually handle VERY good! If you havent driven one Ryan, you really should take a couple hot laps somewhere. Pretty amazing for the car. I think it would for sure hang with the GTI

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
They dropped the ball on those rediculius massive center caps to, all the wheels in general on those look stupid, the black aluminum "steelies" with a plastic chrome rim, the dinner plate center caps on the otherwise normal looking alloys, at least the turbo wheels aren't embarrassing.

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
Sadly it's lighter and quicker than a GTI
:thumbdown: I know, I didnt want to be the one to say it though! haha

They dropped the ball on those rediculius massive center caps to, all the wheels in general on those look stupid, the black aluminum "steelies" with a plastic chrome rim, the dinner plate center caps on the otherwise normal looking alloys, at least the turbo wheels aren't embarrassing.

Ya the turbo ones, actually look "ok"

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
I don't know cars in general nowadays are getting to big. It was the same way web they released the Camaro, awesome looking car.... If it was like 4/5 scale. Then the challenger came out, the side that car is like a billboard. The days of sporty coupes are gone. It's either a 2 seater, or it's a 2 door that will fit a family of 5 in the car and a hippo in the trunk.

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
On vw.com, the GTI is 6 lbs lighter than the turbo beetle. Same motor/power too, I don't see how the Beetle would be faster.

Sent via Tapatalk, probably with typos

Status
Not open for further replies.