GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ticking noise

Weakspecs

Ready to race!
Hey guys,

I dont know if any one else has had this problem, but I have a 2.5 golf (auto) when its cold and im going under 45 MPH there is a ticking/tapping noise coming from the back passenger side, some where around the tire, or gas cap area.

any help is appreciated, thanks

Jack14

Ready to race!
Kind of hard to know what your talking about without hearing it. Make a video?

turbomangti

Passed Driver's Ed
I think its a normal sound. I think its the fuel system pressurizing but I can't remember where I read it. Someone with the correct terminology care to chime in?

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
I have a GTI and have been hearing the exact same thing near the back door/gas filler area ever since I bought it. It only happens during the first 5 minutes of driving my car and I only gear it at very slow speeds. It almost sounds like the RR Door s trying to lock itself over and over even though it already locked.

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion
It's normal

Leak detection pump doing it's job

Weakspecs

Ready to race!
thanks for the input, im glad to know it is normal, i just bought it and was hoping it wasnt the fuel pump going out or something.

QUEDRO

Ready to race!
oh man, i thought I am the only going crazy hearing construction workers every morning. pheew

UNFOGIVABLE

Go Kart Champion
I have this same noise. The first time I heard it, I started the car and drove a block and waited at a light in front of a frat house. It happened at the light and stopped when I took off. I heard this every single day. Then I realized it started to tap faster with higher rpms from 0 to 10 mph.