GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY How to replace the PCV valves assembly on your 2.0T TSI engine

steemax

Go Kart Champion
I'm not really sure why anyone would recommend using something small to pry the hose and all the coil connectors off instead of just doing it the right way and hitting the release tabs with your fingers. We get alot of people coming in to replace that hose and the the connectors because they broke them trying to do exactly what is being recommended in this DIY

Hmmm not sure why a tool would be needed to pry them, mine came off really easily by just pushing the tabs with my fingers.

I'm not really sure why anyone would recommend using something small to pry the hose and all the coil connectors off instead of just doing it the right way and hitting the release tabs with your fingers. We get alot of people coming in to replace that hose and the the connectors because they broke them trying to do exactly what is being recommended in this DIY

This write up was done by a dealer tech. I do agree that using a tool can increase the likelihood of breaking that connection.
This is really at the discretion of the person performing the install.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Did anyone figure out the torque specs yet? My parts come in today

Dybz

Banned
No torque specs yet?

steemax

Go Kart Champion
No but I just hand tightened them as far as they go with a small tool to avoid over tightening... It's been over a month now and absolutely no leaks and works flawlessly.

As long as you clean the area the gasket/seal is sitting you'll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk