GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR RSC exhaust - getting cold feet

speedster

Go Kart Champion
If you're wondering what mod to do next get sway bars!!! Handling > power and this is the best bang for buck handling mod you can do.

Gorilla1

Ready to race!
I've had the full turbo back for almost 2.5 years and stage 2 for 2 years. (almost 30K on the stage 2) Cat really is a noisemaker, but IMHO, if you want noise, it's worth it. Sounds a lot better than a lot of the competition. But you don't need it to get that stage 2 power, which *is* worth it.
Not planning on going k04 since it's my daily driver, but I'm still loving the full turboback and stage 2.

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
I'm Revo stage 2 and one of THE best mods I've done so far was my magnaflow catback to go with my downpipe. I regret not doing it sooner. Is a catback a "noisemaker"? Uhm, yes...duh? Why would you want a fast car that's dead quiet? Get a golf cart then.

Bino

Go Kart Champion
Heard the full APR TBE on a K04 6MT car in person. Very quiet inside and out, especially inside when not stomping it. This is even compared to my full street SPM exhaust which is about as tame as a full 3" TBE can be. That RSC muffler must really do alot. It's a huge muffler can out rear though which I didn't like. Also the tips protrude more than I like from the rear valence. One tip was also further out than the other one.

For the $, I'd look elsewhere or stick to the stock CBE.

Yes. The APR TBE is quite when cruising around. Thats what sold me on it. As far as one tip sticking out more then the other thats install error. This is some top quality stuff they got going on there.

I think it depends what you want out of the car.... To me, these cars are so damn quiet from the factory I wanted to make it nice and loud.... So I went with a completely open system, no cats and one muffler thats basically not a muffler.... Its loud, but thats what I wanted...

You could do just the dp if you want Stage 2 power, that way the car wont be too loud but you'll get the power...

The APR RSC to me is a waste of money because its barely loud at all and to me that's NOT the reason to install a catback, to keep it quiet....

Coming from a person running a open system. Sure you are going to think this and any other system is a waste of money. I want a car when I'm driving on the highway I can have a conversation with the person next to me without yelling..

If I was you I would go for it. You are going to love the system. My son also got the same system.

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
Coming from a person running a open system. Sure you are going to think this and any other system is a waste of money. I want a car when I'm driving on the highway I can have a conversation with the person next to me without yelling..

Funny enough man, It makes absolutely ZERO drone/noise at highway speed.... I kid you not, my big fear was that it would be loud as all hell all the time... It really isnt.... People don't realize how good a muffler the turbo is by itself... The car is loud when I'm cruising around town at 2000rpm and quiet at highway speeds at 3000rpm with minimal load. If you drop it into 4th at highway and shes cranking 4000rpm or more, then its loud as hell.... But on normal speeds 70mph etc.... Its OEM silent.... (except for the road head) I know, its hard to believe...

clownish

just clowning around
I've gone from Stage 1 to k04. I've got a full APR TBE. Never regretted the choice. Tap the throttle and it growls. It's obviously louder than stock at a cold start. Normal driving conditions it sounds great, isn't too loud and has zero drone.

There's lots of options for exhaust systems. Just get one that will last for your area - aka won't rust out too quickly, doesn't get too loud, and gives you the flow that you need. People will always say "oh, it's just a metal pipe and a noise maker" - anyone can make it and it'll do just as well. Anyone can weld a bike frame together too but they go from $50 to $1000s. It all depends on the quality of workmanship, quality of materials, the brand name, and the engineering.

Ultimately it's going to be on your car. So listen to a bunch of them in person and make your choice based on your personal preference.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
dem '94 Camaro tips, doe.

noname1

Ready to race!
I've gone from Stage 1 to k04. I've got a full APR

Ultimately it's going to be on your car. So listen to a bunch of them in person and make your choice based on your personal preference.

That's the best plan of action i'm looking at now. There are a few other GTI owners I've been chatting with, each has a different set up, so I plan to meet up with them to listen and take a ride in their cars to see which I like best.

Worst case, I stay stage 1 until I can afford a new ride with more attitude.

speedster

Go Kart Champion
Why not get an airhorn and blast people randomly when you drive past? You'll get the attention you're craving and people's opinion of you will be the same as it would be having a loud exhaust.

clownish

just clowning around
Why not get an airhorn and blast people randomly when you drive past? You'll get the attention you're craving and people's opinion of you will be the same as it would be having a loud exhaust.

So cynical. Some people enjoy a rich sound of engines and motors. It's not as if someone is running a fart can or unresonated or straight pipes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KO7

Ready to race!
Stock catback is not only too quiet, but has a horrible looking suitcase muffler and the tips are too small. Still, don't pay for the expensive APR catback as there's plenty of options for much cheaper.

VINNY1

Ready to race!
The APR exhaust is very quiet under most conditions, but the 1-2, 2-3 DSG shift farts are thunderous.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
The APR exhaust is very quiet under most conditions, but the 1-2, 2-3 DSG shift farts are thunderous.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Not as thunderous as mine!

**I just want to make it very clear I DID NOT NAME THE FIRST VIDEO.... This was a buddy of mine.... lol**

INSIDE

OUTSIDE