GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Integrated Engineering's 2.5L Stage 1 Software (Review)

Brehnan

Hey guys, my names Brennan. I drive a 2013 Mk6 2.5L Golf. I wanted to share with you a quality performance tune from Integrated Engineering if you drive the 5CYL 2.5L.

My current mods are:
-IE Stage 1 ECU Software
-USP Motorsports Cold Air Intake
-Eurojet 3" GTI V-Band Catback Exhaust
-Stock Resonator Replaced with Magnaflow 10416 for drone purposes
-Golf R LED Taillights
-'13 18" Autobahn Edition GTI Rims
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0ByhZ7QQvdd_CLS0yTEhVeEpkR00

The Integrated Engineering Stage 1 is my most recent modification. Been driving on it for a week now, and I LOVE it! With a CAI this car is pushing 197 hp with 219 lb of torque. These results are based off IE/USP dyno testing. This car drives like a GTI, not a Golf anymore. +27HP/+32lb.

For $500, this is a reasonable price. After purchasing I found out that you can purchase their Powerlink V3 for around $150. This is well worth it IMO, otherwise you'd have to send them your ECU. With the powerlink, you install their software via Windows, plug the V3 into your OBD II port and gain access to your cars ECU. You can also revert to your original file at any time, but you really wouldn't need to. I contacted my VW dealer and they said they have no problem servicing modified cars.

After installing its a nice change. You do have to burn 91/93 Octane gas instead of the 87. Increased horsepower. Increased Torque. Improved Throttle response, Rev limiter increased, Fuel Economy increased (yeah right), and Idle increased. One thing I've noticed which they didn't note on there website, but they removed the rev hang. Before if you downshifted sometimes it would take a sec for the exhaust to catch, now it's instant, quieter, and smoother. Also, before if you took your foot off the gas the RPM's would stay the same, now you can actually hear your engine's RPM's drop as soon as you take your foot off the gas, and the throttle response is MUCH better.

The staff there is super friendly and helpful so I'd highly recommend this company! Lemme know what you guys think.

https://www.performancebyie.com/ie07ktuning

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks for the Review and welcome to the 2.5 Forum.

Since you are happy why not post your review on the IE site.

Brehnan

Thanks for the Review and welcome to the 2.5 Forum.

Since you are happy why not post your review on the IE site.

I actually already did before posting this. It's still waiting for the moderator to approve it, and make it live on the website.

Brehnan

UM tune can be had for $300. Worth $200 more for the IE tune?
I'm sure it's going to be VERY similar and the same concept. There's only so much more power you can push out of the 2.5L without adding a whole intake manifold or turbo kit. As for the $200, probably not worth it.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
UM tune can be had for $300. Worth $200 more for the IE tune?
$300 ??? WRONG ???
I contacted UM two months ago while in transit from Florida, Fred at UM quoted me $399 plus the UM Dealer charge. Alex at Eurowise (UM Dealer) in Charlotte NC quoted me $100 plus tax to install the software. Where is the difference?

The initial price was acceptable but it became ++ I felt like I was been taken advantage of by them, so you know what, it wasn't worth it as I would have to run more expensive 91/93 octane gas. As a Canadian the exchange rate would have meant a cost of $700~$800 CA$, compared to $500 for people south of the border.

EDIT: There is so much bench racing comparison, it would be interesting to see which tune is best by taking it to a track... just saying

Last edited:

miguelr

Go Kart Champion
$300 ??? WRONG ???
I contacted UM two months ago while in transit from Florida, Fred at UM quoted me $399 plus the UM Dealer charge. Alex at Eurowise (UM Dealer) in Charlotte NC quoted me $100 plus tax to install the software. Where is the difference?

The initial price was acceptable but it became ++ I felt like I was been taken advantage of by them, so you know what, it wasn't worth it as I would have to run more expensive 91/93 octane gas. As a Canadian the exchange rate would have meant a cost of $700~$800 CA$, compared to $500 for people south of the border.

EDIT: There is so much bench racing comparison, it would be interesting to see which tune is best by taking it to a track... just saying

Well at least my local shop.