GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another "I got keyed" thread

urfavoritemazn

Ready to race!
SO fucking pissed. Came back to my car after a whole day of snowboarding and all I see is a huge scratch right by my back door handle.
This better not cost me a fortune to fix.
Pictures up soon.
:mad0259:

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
I hate that stupid people,they should scratch their butts instead!:mad0259:

urfavoritemazn

Ready to race!
I was so heart broken. Is it just me or does this kind of thing seem to be happening more often than usual nowadays?!

flyguy27

Ready to race!
Damn this sucks. I know the feeling. One of the worst things to happen. When it happened to me I wish they would have smashed a window, break a tail light but please don't key my car.

rs999

Go Kart Champion
Keyed or accidentally clipped by someone's snow gear?

Snowboards, skis, and poles are bulky objects. Someone may have accidentally scraped you when loading up to go home.

Anyway, GL with repairs.

nuc

Ready to race!
Damn this sucks. I know the feeling. One of the worst things to happen. When it happened to me I wish they would have smashed a window, break a tail light but please don't key my car.

Nooo Noooonononono

Anything but a smashed window. You'll be finding glass everywhere for months, or years, plus the whole inside of the door trim will need to be removed and reinstalled. You'll never get it to be as quiet as it was from the factory, etc etc.

sucks dude

dinkdinker

Ready to race!
To me, keying a car is a statement. Don't key a car and run. That's the pussy way out. Key it and stand there and wait for the owner. If you are going to key a car may as well let the owner know it was you.

Never been keyed but I've had my share of idiots opening their doors into my cars and leaving nasty dings.

flyguy27

Ready to race!
Nooo Noooonononono

Anything but a smashed window. You'll be finding glass everywhere for months, or years, plus the whole inside of the door trim will need to be removed and reinstalled. You'll never get it to be as quiet as it was from the factory, etc etc.

sucks dude

Well, in my case, my entire car was keyed all the way around (07 black merc c230) Entire car was repainted.

pdykstra600

Go Kart Champion
I was so heart broken. Is it just me or does this kind of thing seem to be happening more often than usual nowadays?!

Sorry to hear your car got keyed, but I wouldn't say keying cars is very common (or more usual nowadays) by any means. If your car gets keyed, 95% of the time it's because you pissed somebody off either in your personal life or on the road (road rage). Of course that doesn't justify your car getting keyed and whoever did it is still a scumbag.

Walter2

Ready to race!
I got keyed 1 week after owning my car. Pulled up to Starbucks, went in, got my coffee, came back 3 minutes later and someone had keyed my car from the Front right panel all the way down the driver door. Had my side markers and front fascia repaired at this time to match. Insurance cut me a check for $1300, had it fixed + extra work done for 1 grand. Did an amazing job and can't even tell its been repainted. Guy said that SB is a botch to repaint because the color may look the same, but when the light hits it, it won't match. Made 25 different swatches (I think that's what they are called) to finally get the right color.

I think keying only certain panels or half of the car is the worse than keying the whole car. Unless the car is brand spanking new, it will be hard to get the panels to match.

Randum

Go Kart Champion
makes me sick to my stomach...thats BS, why someone would do that just annoys me because 90% of people honestly could care less about their car so they feel they can just pass that along to your car - that you obviously take care of...

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
I don't think you got keyed. It could be somebody was careless, and their snow gears hit your door handle because nobody is going to key a door handle. On the other notes, door handle is a separate piece so you can remove it and have it repaint it for cheap if you can't live with it.

2 months after owning my car, I got a dent on the door and quarter panel and my door handles scratched all at once. Yesterday, I found out there's a key mark scratch going from above the rear wheel all the way to half the door.

canuckcharlie

Ready to race!
Could just be inconsiderate people. You have no idea how many times i came out of the grocery store and find a shopping cart next to my car.