GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Problems After APR Stage 1 Tune

ElusiveGTI

Ready to race!
Problem fixed. After removing my forge Bypass valve I had to plug where the vacuum hose was. The rubber end came off and I didn't realize it. $.24 fix.. Feel like an idiot now.

Zone47

Passed Driver's Ed
Problem fixed. After removing my forge Bypass valve I had to plug where the vacuum hose was. The rubber end came off and I didn't realize it. $.24 fix.. Feel like an idiot now.
:D no prob, we've all done it! Thanks for the info.

PaulyFe12

Ready to race!
for stage 1, do you have to replace the spark plugs as well as the coilpacks? or can i just get the r8 coilpacks? if you should get both then how do you space the spark plugs when you install them? I was told to space them to 30

Last edited:

corydd

Go Kart Champion
for stage 1, do you have to replace the spark plugs as well as the coilpacks? or can i just get the r8 coilpacks? if you should get both then how do you space the spark plugs when you install them? I was told to space them to 30

Start with the coil packs and go from there. You could always buy the spark plugs anyway and then just save them if the coil packs end up fixing the issue.

PaulyFe12

Ready to race!
ok but if I do have to replace the spark plugs how do I space them, or re space them. the ones that come with the r8 packs from hstuning are pre-spaced to .28 I believe and people recommend .30

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion