GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Single mass fly wheel back to a dual mass?

dopoz

Passed Driver's Ed
Did anyone in this thread order a new release bearing from Sachs, versus buying OEM one, and can tell me which part you got and if it fit and performed without issue?

2.5 years ago when I bought the SMF kit (883089.000034) their release bearing was part 613182.600197 and looked identical to the VW OEM parts, except with Sachs/INA part numbers on it. It worked fine as long as I had it in the car.

Now I bought their kit for the DMF (001394.999502) and their site now lists release bearing 613182.600206 which looks very different from other VW bearings I've seen, and even has a smaller depth from housing to the face of the bearing (by 1.6mm). Has Sachs/FTE/FAG part numbers on it.

I have an email out to support, but seeing if anyone else has gotten this new funky bearing that seems the wrong depth, and had it work out fine.

EDIT: Took a picture. Left to right: original bearing that came in car, then Sachs 600197, then the weirdo Sachs 600206:

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
I don't see a problem, the overall dimensions look the same to me. Looks like a revised/stronger part.

dopoz

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't see a problem, the overall dimensions look the same to me. Looks like a revised/stronger part.

The cup in which the slave cylinder lives is definitely much stronger, but the bearing itself feels a little flimsier when wiggling and rotating it.

And there's the fact that at full slave cylinder extension (as pictured), the new one is 1.6mm shorter as far as how much it's going to move the pressure plate springs. I'm concerned that when this goes in it might not release the pressure plate far enough, and the clutch will drag. Then again, that last 1.6mm might never come into play.

Also weird is that I haven't yet found any VW part that looks like the OEM labeled version of this. Looks like Sachs just decided to switch it up.

APdubbin

Ready to race!
Dopaz I ordered the throw out bearing through Sachs and I got the same one as you. It's currently installed now. No problems thus far.