GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

3 Electrical Problems

*roadrunner*

My 2012 has 3 intermittent electrical problems that I think may be linked together:

1. When the dome light is in the center, automatic position, the lights always stay on rather then going off when the door is closed.

2. When I use the key remote to lock the vehicle, the doors lock, but the lights do not flash, and the horn does not toot.

3. The rear wiper does not work.

All 3 of these have worked properly at times, and currently all 3 are not working. This leads me to believe that they are somehow linked.

Does anyone have any experience with these problems? I fear that the dealer may not be able to figure it out, and it may require many trips back to the shop.

Thanks for your help!

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion
Are all the doors lock/latch because it sounds like you hatch is not locking.With that said if you hatch is not latch your rear wipper wont work/horn wont beep and your dome light will stay on.If all is good then take it to the dealer as there will be a fault in 09 central electronic module.

*roadrunner*

Great call, GTI For Me! I checked the dash display, and it indicates that the hatch is open, when it is actually closed and locked. Before I turned off the engine today, I opened and closed the hatch, and everything is working again. I wish I could figure out exactly which component is acting up, because I am sure it will happen again.

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion
Great call, GTI For Me! I checked the dash display, and it indicates that the hatch is open, when it is actually closed and locked. Before I turned off the engine today, I opened and closed the hatch, and everything is working again. I wish I could figure out exactly which component is acting up, because I am sure it will happen again.

Your trunk latch has a micro switch and could be acting up,If you have VAG-COM scan for faults,do a complete scan.Im am sure your 09 central electronic module has a fault.Atleast it working now and have a idea where to start.

etc25

same thing happened to me when 2nd week owning car. i didnt realize hatch was not closed all the way and i was unfamiliar with the display showing/hatch was open. it does not/show door swung open like for the sides. i almost went to dealer until i figured out it was the hatch.