GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion
Only a few days before we leave for South Carolina and found out tonight that the left CV boot is leaking black grease :mad: :mad: Gotta see if I can get her repaired in time :paddle:eek:r the Golf will stay home.

Hi MLue1, please PM us if you have any questions on our products. We will do our best to help you, thanks! :)

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Only a few days before we leave for South Carolina and found out tonight that the left CV boot is leaking black grease :mad: :mad: Gotta see if I can get her repaired in time :paddle:eek:r the Golf will stay home.
UPDATE: Only the boot was torn, CV in fine shape still a lot of grease in there, so bought the CV Boot and did the R&R in less than an hour. Thank God for Youtube videos on how to get the outer CV part off with a big hammer, use really sharp utility knife to cut the old boot off, reuse the original C-clip not the one that comes with the kit, makes things go smoothly.

:happyanim: Easier than I thought, remember to turn the steering wheel to the side you are replacing to ease the removal of the axle from the knuckle, then punching it out with a long 1/2 inch socket extension or pipe.

A really big pair of side cutter pliers is an invaluable tool for this R&R, I used it to cut the old retaining bands as well as to crimp the new ones tight.

I used up a whole role of paper towels, that black grease is super messy remember to put newspaper down before you start as the sh!t get everywhere.

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Took the Golf for an Alignment on Friday morning before I left to align and corner balance the Golf for the Roebeling Road Track so I can do some rear suspension sorting. Wouldn't you know it the suspension knocked a bit on the long trip down, prolly they didn't tighten something. The knocking didn't coincide with the damping, only while going straight, once I started to turn the knock went away, ...maybe a sway bar link:iono:. No mechanical tools on hand so I will have to take it to a mechanic down here.:mad:

rc0224

Ready to race!
Hi rc0224, thanks for your kind support. :thumbup: Wish you enjoy our unit and welcome to share with us some nice installation pics & reviews. Thanks! :)

package arrived today, by FedEx, got hit with $45+ Tax, Duty & Handleing fee:(, Hope this is worth it

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Today I installed 16 inch wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3 Tires on the Golf (but not on light weight wheels) and took it for Rip around the hwy ramps.

BTW I destroyed one of the new 15 inch front tires at Roebling Road in August, chasing some BMW and Porsche friends and had to drive back to Toronto on the spare, 17 hours of :fighting0030: the steering.

205-55-16 Pilot Sport AS3 supposed to be all season compound but great tire construction, you can feel the pedigree in the construction of the tire carcass compared to the stock size 15 inch sh!t tires I've been running. The Michelin Pilot Sports does everything really well, great cornering performance with minimal slip angles so less scrub. I'm dying to arrange another trackday to see what these puppies can do but we'll see,... too much going on right now!

Last edited:

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
Put my winter tires on, raised my car 1/2 an inch...now it doesn't bottom out on dips on the highway or make that annoying ping sound when I turn at slow speeds. Curious if the noise will come back in the spring when I put my rims back on, not planing to lower it anymore.

mjb8482

Got my turbo tune fixed and drove it 400 miles home! [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjb8482

Very nice, but no intercooler???

Pease tell us more !!!

Right now no intercooler. The water/meth injection works wonders!

Anyways, I am piecing together an air-water intercooler to go in that big open space. That will be my project for next spring. I haven’t seen it done yet on a 2.5 so thought I’d have a go at it.

That was always the plan, just taking it one step at a time. It’s better for the wallet, but neat to see and feel the change with every incremental improvement.

The only thing not custom about the turbo setup is the C2 turbo manifold and PTE5431e turbo from the kit.

I actually have the entire C2 intercooler and charge piping sitting around if anybody wants to buy it off me. Brand new, never used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk