GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Advice on Repair [Bay Area/South Bay]

NIGHTL0CK

Passed Driver's Ed
It's been a couple years since I've been back on the forum.

I have a 2012 VW Golf TDI that's sitting around 120xxx+ miles right now. Everything has been running fine up to now. I haven't done any major engine repairs yet but I feel like it's about time.

About a month ago my check engine light came on. I took it to a local shop and they ran the code. I don't have the exact results but the mechanic told me it was related to the intake manifold. Either it needed to be cleaned inside or entirely replaced. I asked a mechanic buddy of mine and he said I should try cleaning the throttle blade + body first and clear the code. If it pops up again then it's related to the intake.

I haven't found the time to do this yet. The car has been running fine. Doesn't run rough on idle.

Last night the DPF service light came back on. After conducting some research, I'm looking for a reputable shop that I can take my car to. My mechanic buddy has a smog shop and works on cars. I don't want to leave my car there as a project due to his business being busy on the daily. Looking for a shop to give me the run down on my car. It's my first car purchase and running strong since 2012, paid off in a few more months. I want to keep this car running for a long time. Currently in South San Jose (Blossom Hill) but willing to go the distance. Thanks!

Joseph@OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!
It's been a couple years since I've been back on the forum.

I have a 2012 VW Golf TDI that's sitting around 120xxx+ miles right now. Everything has been running fine up to now. I haven't done any major engine repairs yet but I feel like it's about time.

About a month ago my check engine light came on. I took it to a local shop and they ran the code. I don't have the exact results but the mechanic told me it was related to the intake manifold. Either it needed to be cleaned inside or entirely replaced. I asked a mechanic buddy of mine and he said I should try cleaning the throttle blade + body first and clear the code. If it pops up again then it's related to the intake.

I haven't found the time to do this yet. The car has been running fine. Doesn't run rough on idle.

Last night the DPF service light came back on. After conducting some research, I'm looking for a reputable shop that I can take my car to. My mechanic buddy has a smog shop and works on cars. I don't want to leave my car there as a project due to his business being busy on the daily. Looking for a shop to give me the run down on my car. It's my first car purchase and running strong since 2012, paid off in a few more months. I want to keep this car running for a long time. Currently in South San Jose (Blossom Hill) but willing to go the distance. Thanks!

I believe VW extended the warranty on the intake manifold but you may have to contact a dealer. Its possible it is a warrantable item.

cheese_monster

Call a nearby VW dealer and ask to have them run PZEV warranty coverage for your car. Chances are its covered. Partial Zero Emissions vehicle Warranty covers 15 years or 150,000 miles for anything that causes check engine light to come on. Your vehicle is emissions contributing if light is on.