GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just Clowning Around

clownish

just clowning around
Cant wait to see the setup!

It’ll be a few weeks before everything is together between work and finishing up everything properly. I’m too excited.

Nice man! I ran RS3's last year and loved them. I'll be trying RS4's this year as well.

I know a few people who have run them already this year. For the money and the wear pattern I can’t help but feel like it’s worth it. These seem to last a little longer than other aggressive tires and they might not be rated tippy top tier but they’re so fun. Preaching to the choir I think but yea I like them.

Wobble bolts? :yikes:

They protect the wheel a little more but they’re just normal lugs that cost more [emoji849]

For comparison: OEM audi, mcgard, normal lugs (ball vs the other two are cone also)

most people see the lugs, i see the Milwaukee mat they are on. pics of box? :drool:

I wish. I’ve got a HF box and a no name hutch that’s probably a decade old. That was at the shop I shipped the stuff to to make sure I got it when I was at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

clownish

just clowning around

A shot of the car from two weeks or so ago.

Back from a week in Detroit, picked up the car after a paint correction session along with wheels. Have to get the tires mounted and balanced on the wheels and then get everything on the car. Hopefully this week.

Last night I impulse bought a new diverter valve - Turbosmart Kompact EM Plumb Back BOV. Should fit. Hopefully fixes two years of soft codes that I’ve gotten with my GFB DV+.

Also... picture of all the accessories and hardware for my new wheels and tires. Wheels are picked up, ceramic coated, and ready to be mounted. Have a friend set to do it on Friday but was wondering if I was willing to pony up for retail at a high end tuner shop or something. I’ll probably just go with my friend and beg him to be super careful. So excited.

Hub rings for 66.6 to 57.1 - anodized and metal, happy; expected plastic.

Metal valve stems - hoping they don’t corrode. JDM and fancy.

Color matched billet center caps.

Black plated two piece lugs with thread coatings.

Tifore

Ready to race!
All coming together!
Sweet shot of the ride too.

Getting some rust corrosion repairs done by the dealership under warranty but sometime after the 4th, let me know if you hit any of the local car shows. I'd love to see the car in person.

clownish

just clowning around
All coming together!
Sweet shot of the ride too.

Getting some rust corrosion repairs done by the dealership under warranty but sometime after the 4th, let me know if you hit any of the local car shows. I'd love to see the car in person.

What all are you having fixed?

I haven’t seen any local stuff popping up recently. eurohanger is Saturday in Holland MI and Cult Classic is Sunday in PA. Both are a bit of a drive but I might try and go to one or the other.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
man you got me re-considering 19's for daily driving again... love the simple yet elegant look.

Tifore

Ready to race!
What all are you having fixed?

Hood / Passenger Fender / Rockers have paint bubbling / rust issues.

Mostly excited about the Hood and Passenger Fender getting full replacements. Not sure how they'll fix the rockers but hey, I'll take it. Hopefully my car has seen its last winter, and that its not completely too late to save it from rusting out completely in 3 years.

clownish

just clowning around
Hood / Passenger Fender / Rockers have paint bubbling / rust issues.

Mostly excited about the Hood and Passenger Fender getting full replacements. Not sure how they'll fix the rockers but hey, I'll take it. Hopefully my car has seen its last winter, and that its not completely too late to save it from rusting out completely in 3 years.

Filler, maybe welding? New body parts are good though! Last winter because you’ll get another vehicle to run through winter?

man you got me re-considering 19's for daily driving again... love the simple yet elegant look.

I never minded dailying 19s but at my ride height and slightly upsized tires I did have to do some front fender bodywork. I love the VMR 5 spoke - never did like the other examples out there so I never switched. I’ll probably refinish mine and run them again soon.

clownish

just clowning around
New properly sized hub rings. 66.06 to 57.1 won’t cut it. Caused massive vibration. Don’t listen to a dude who says it’s “within spec”. It’s garbage and your car will not drive correctly. I bought some 66.56 to 57.1 hub rings and with the alignment, meticulous mounting, and balancing everything drives like butter. Car is set.

New wheels are Volk TE-37 Sagas in Diamond Dark Gunmetal mounted on Hankook R-S4s.

All the colors!

The blue ones were the wrong size. I wonder if anyone would buy these dumb things. They’re anodized aluminum.

So smooth. Finally driving properly.

Also rewrapped the front grill in glossy 3M instead of matte because there were some rock chips. I hate wrapping and I will never do a full car. Neverrrrrr.

Last edited:

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Damn, hot wheels!!!! Definitely need more photos of those. Been looking at those for awhile.

18x9 +50 or 18x8.5 +42?

clownish

just clowning around
Damn, hot wheels!!!! Definitely need more photos of those. Been looking at those for awhile.

18x9 +50 or 18x8.5 +42?

I haven’t taken any real pictures yet - just mounted and figured out why the car wasn’t driving properly today.

I went with 18x8.5 et35 squared. Was tempted to do a little reverse stagger but decided it wasn’t worth the hassle. There is so much clearance for the calipers between spokes and barrels that didn’t exist before. I am very happy.

They weigh 19 lbs each. I forgot to weigh one with the tire mounted. The VMRs were a little heavier - I think 23lbs but I don’t quite remember anymore. But I lost enough weight that it feels obvious.

The spoke design is awesome - totally hollowed out. The little details are impressive also - all the logos and wordings are machined into the face, not just painted. The molding on the barrel has little details that OEM cast wheels don’t have - all very cool. Billet center caps for now and I also have some branded Rays caps coming but there back ordered for a few weeks.