GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 owners what psi do you peak and hold?

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
I pressure tested my intercooler, but never heard a leak, I have not, and don't plan to take that damn behemoth off my car. I hated that install more than anything

brobst

Go Kart Champion
The Wagner ic is big like apr right?
Taper to 18-20 psi range isn't bad and is probably a combo of the large ic and the tune.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
The Wagner ic is big like apr right?
Taper to 18-20 psi range isn't bad and is probably a combo of the large ic and the tune.

Yeah, it's pretty huge... I forgot the liter amount, but yes, a bit bigger than APR. The neuspeed coolers and that size will allow forf much higher pressures.

lleron

Ready to race!
Stratified, P&P K04 with Neuspeed intercooler, peak ~24psi and roll off to ~18 at redline (WGDC @ 100%). Boost dip is due to wheelspin.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 197

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Stratified, P&P K04 with Neuspeed intercooler, peak ~24psi and roll off to ~18 at redline (WGDC @ 100%). Boost dip is due to wheelspin.
Now see, this is more in line with my setup, big ic pnp turbo, and you are right on my numbers.

How do you wheelspin at like 4k rpms after your boost spike?

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Now see, this is more in line with my setup, big ic pnp turbo, and you are right on my numbers.

I have the same, pnp and huge IC. Added forge WGA, and could easily run more boost if the top wasn't bent all to hell, I can hold 20 without leaks, have yet to adjust the wg up.

lleron

Ready to race!

I have no idea, but the wheelspin is repeatable, at least at the highway onramp where I can run out 3rd gear. I also have an LSD and Indy 500 tires so it surprised me also.

I do wish I went with the forge WGA to hold boost longer (stratified suggested that I didn't need it when installing the turbo) due to how much of a pain it would be to install now but for my daily driving it's fine as-is.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Now I'm curious of the rest of the data log. Idk about the tire but your car has all the parts I do it seems, wheels spinning if any I expect at like 2.5k.
Can you link the data log?

lleron

Ready to race!
Now I'm curious of the rest of the data log. Idk about the tire but your car has all the parts I do it seems, wheels spinning if any I expect at like 2.5k.
Can you link the data log?

Ha, I feel like we derailed this conversation a bit, but here you go:

https://datazap.me/u/lleron/1-30-18-k04-v15-morning-wot-and-part-throttle?log=1&data=4-21

I'm still going back and forth with Stratified revising part throttle/low rpm boost control but the WOT control seems reasonably dialed in.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Yea I do not see anything that overly stands out to me in the mid range. But yeah I can see around your wheel spin area your air intake flow drops off and your engine timing goes negative like you are coasting. Outside of that, looks good.

gtibrad

ZUM DIS
Right now I can peak about 25 and hold 18-20 to redline. I'm wondering what everyone else is getting?
More please...tune?, dia. of intake and DP/exhaust?, FMIC situation?, injectors?, 2.55 or 3 bar MAP?, and anything else?

What is your ECU target boost? ...and the actual?
I think you'll find your numbers mirroring others boost. But your tuner should have the target psi of your tune.

I've made mine boost over 30 psi before but that was in adding WG preload trying to solve something once. One tune w/3 bar MAP I boosted 26 psi - 22 psi after dialing it down from 28 psi - 24 psi...my current tune w/2.55 bar MAP shoots for 22.5 psi - 18.5 psi, but I have it boosting 25 psi(gauge) to 21 psi. I do plan on reducing the Forge WG preload because had tested what minimum yellow spring preload would do with spring pressure alone and it only boosted 20.5 psi...so I adjusted it nearly 2mm of preload and got the current boost which I will reduce soon as said.

So, Forge's claim on their yellow spring of 10-14 psi(20-28 psi boost) ended up being at the minimum rating. I thought to use my blue spring but it is 14-18 psi(28-36 psi boost) and I do not want the WG staying shut until 28 psi with zero preload.

Last edited:

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
More please...tune?, dia. of intake and DP/exhaust?, FMIC situation?, injectors?, 2.55 or 3 bar MAP?, and anything else?

What is your ECU target boost? ...and the actual?
I think you'll find your numbers mirroring others boost. But your tuner should have the target psi of your tune.

I've made mine boost over 30 psi before but that was in adding WG preload trying to solve something once. One tune w/3 bar MAP I boosted 26 psi - 22 psi after dialing it down from 28 psi - 24 psi...my current tune w/2.55 bar MAP shoots for 22.5 psi - 18.5 psi, but I have it boosting 25 psi(gauge) to 21 psi. I do plan on reducing the Forge WG preload because had tested what minimum yellow spring preload would do with spring pressure alone and it only boosted 20.5 psi...so I adjusted it nearly 2mm of preload and got the current boost which I will reduce soon as said.

So, Forge's claim on their yellow spring of 10-14 psi(20-28 psi boost) ended up being at the minimum rating. I thought to use my blue spring but it is 14-18 psi(28-36 psi boost) and I do not want the WG staying shut until 28 psi with zero preload.
I'm on the UM tune, a 3" dp to the stock cbe, a ported and polished hotside k04 with forge WGA, to a leaking top, wager IC, red tops, 1 step colder plugs, stage 1 intake (was left over from my ecs unit) but I'd like to do a straight, really big intake such as a reflow of some sort.

gtibrad

ZUM DIS
Sorry, I forgot I posted over here.

You could try adding WGA preload....not much. Probably 1.5mm(turns) more.
Here's a new vid I just made to add to my channel for adjusting forge wga preload; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyzS-vvuFmA

For you you just want to loosen the outer nut to relieve tightness on the inner nut...then back the inner nut 1.5 more turns towards the WGA...then tighten the outer nut back up to the WG linkage. This is just going to hold the WG shut a bit longer so boost peaks a tiny bit more and holding pressure should then also be more throughout the revs...given all else is spot on.

Last edited: