GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vibrant 1792 Bottle Style Resonator Question

mtbriderrusty

Passed Driver's Ed
I’ve been looking at awe catback for my apr catted downpipe. Have it with the stock catback and it’s ok just want some growl out the back. I actually have one of these resonators and won’t be putting it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ksandman

Ready to race!
I’ve been looking at awe catback for my apr catted downpipe. Have it with the stock catback and it’s ok just want some growl out the back. I actually have one of these resonators and won’t be putting it in.

Yeah get a proper catback for sure. It was a fun experiment and it sounded cool for about a week, but I wouldn’t recommend it unless rowdy was the sound you were after.

mtbriderrusty

Passed Driver's Ed
That was my fear so glad I didn’t cut my cat back up for that.. I’d probably be better of doing the red delete pipe again

ksandman

Ready to race!
That was my fear so glad I didn’t cut my cat back up for that.. I’d probably be better of doing the red delete pipe again

Yeah for sure. I was lucky enough to find a stock catback for $30 bucks on clist so My car is quite again lol but I do want the Cobb set up again for when I get a k04

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!

Well good Lord . I thought I was the only one . !!! I HAVE an apr Downpipe with a AWE catback. Let me say that's the perfect sleeper setup .

GREEDY me wanted more DSG gunshot sounds and louder exhaust . So I decided to cut up my precious AWE catback by doing a custom resonator delete . DO NOT DO IT

...tbh there was some good . My DSG sound in parking garages with the windows down would eventually make my own self go deaf ...love it ..and WOT sounds like a freaking racing machine . Love it . BUT

HONDA DRONE. At around 3.5k rpms is the worst drone I ever heard . And then again around 80ish mph. The only way to get around the first drone spot is to literally drive like a crippled grandma ...and I do Not drive slow atall so I always cross it .

I'm getting desperate . So my two options are ...to put on a vibrant resonator to Hopefully find the perfect louder sound . Or result in putting the original Aftermarket AWE resonator back on the catback.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Here's when I had a spm catted dp, vibrant 7192, and cut holes in stock muffler. Before I cut holes in the stock muffler, the vibrant made a very small difference in sound. Just a TAD deeper/louder/more day noise. I liked it

https://youtu.be/T4Yw8H_DtlE

sneedfeed

Passed Driver's Ed
Here's when I had a spm catted dp, vibrant 7192, and cut holes in stock muffler. Before I cut holes in the stock muffler, the vibrant made a very small difference in sound. Just a TAD deeper/louder/more day noise. I liked it

https://youtu.be/T4Yw8H_DtlE

+1 for this setup I have an ecs catted downpipe with muffler delete and stock res, for now, sounds pretty good and if I'm just cruising I barely hear it going to swap resonators and put in the vibrant soon

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
So can anyone help ? Right around 2800-3200 rpms..is a drone that actually sounds worse than the usal drone ..like a buzzing Honda drone . I have a APR DP to a AWE catback..with a custom resonator delete . Will a vibrant help ? Or bullet resonator I need help please :(

sneedfeed

Passed Driver's Ed
So can anyone help ? Right around 2800-3200 rpms..is a drone that actually sounds worse than the usal drone ..like a buzzing Honda drone . I have a APR DP to a AWE catback..with a custom resonator delete . Will a vibrant help ? Or bullet resonator I need help please :(

I'm sure the vibrant would help with drone since it's supposed to make your car louder without any of the drones and raspiness

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
I'm sure the vibrant would help with drone since it's supposed to make your car louder without any of the drones and raspiness

So bullet or ultra quiet resonator? I know there are a few . The shop quoted me 250-350. I don't wanna waste any more time smh or money :(

OEMPL+S

Go Kart Newbie
I have that exact resonator, makes a huge difference and keeps out drone. Granted, I have the muffler delete but go with the resonator first. Deepens the car.
What's your exact setup??

Just trying to figure out to replace my only remaining sound reducer with a ultra quiet or the bottle style .... I want max loud but no drone or rasp. And mainly max braaaap

Sent from my stomach using remote control

OEMPL+S

Go Kart Newbie
I've also replace the Magnaflow resonator with the vibrant bottle 3" resonator, and im impressed with the sound, the DSG farts are louder and the bass that the MF produce in the cabin was 90% gone and the drone went down also. im happy i took the MF resonator out!
You have no magaflow mufflers on now??

JustinT

Ready to race!
What's your exact setup??

Just trying to figure out to replace my only remaining sound reducer with a ultra quiet or the bottle style .... I want max loud but no drone or rasp. And mainly max braaaap

Hey man, I’m manual transmission equipped, so no fun farts. My exact set up is just simply a muffler delete with mandrel bends. Then the original resonator was cut out and the 1792 vibrant resonator was added in. It gets loud, but quiet when you need to be with no drone. My buddy back in high school had that set up with DSG, and it sounded amazing.

If you want to do the extra step, with that set up and a down pipe of your choice it would sound pretty gnarly.

I find a resonator kills lots of drone.

OEMPL+S

Go Kart Newbie
That's sweet ....

I've got a catless non-res downpipe and it's fairly loud outside but barely loud inside and no drone ....

So I was thinking of deleting my muffler cuz that's all that's left .... And putting In a vibrant ultra-quiet.

I own an A3 2011 Quattro, so same engine as the MK6's .... Hence me even being on this site .... Our backbox does most of the quieting work .... So I probably should leave it on .... But I'm tempted to be louder lol

JustinT

Ready to race!
That's sweet ....

I've got a catless non-res downpipe and it's fairly loud outside but barely loud inside and no drone ....

So I was thinking of deleting my muffler cuz that's all that's left .... And putting In a vibrant ultra-quiet.

I own an A3 2011 Quattro, so same engine as the MK6's .... Hence me even being on this site .... Our backbox does most of the quieting work .... So I probably should leave it on .... But I'm tempted to be louder lol

If you remove the muffler and leave a stock resonator it’ll sound very “airy” / “wooshy” still. Definitely keep your DP, then do the vibrant res and muffler delete. I think that’ll meet your standards of being loud, having tone w the resonator and minimal drone.