GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Made the Switch to Driver Motorsport TSI K04+ Software

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Not being a dick or anything, but are they still in business? I haven't seen anything from there both here (golf5/6/7), vortex or on facebook. It kind of seemed like they just completely disappeared.

Spyder368

Ready to race!
They recently posted on FB about updates to their files for MK6.

As Jaber said, this was their last update on 6/15/15:

"We've got a software update on the way for our Mk6 GTI customers. While preparing our existing database to move to a new system of flashing ECUs we've taken the liberty of updating our Stage 1 / 2 / 2+ files with some of the newer calibration techniques picked up when we developed the K04 file for this platform.
While this new update doesn't increase peak power dramatically the engine is now able to produce torque earlier and manages to hold peak horsepower longer in the power band. This also means new features such as left foot braking (aka brake boosting), less ECU intervention during aggressive shifts and a few other nice additions smile emoticon
Official details will be released by the end of the week!"

dave80

Go Kart Champion
Sweet maybe I need to send my ECU back again...

Getting some asap meth and need to mix me a stronger batch for the more aggressive file. So far all good with the mild file running on the 50/50 mix.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Not being a dick or anything, but are they still in business? I haven't seen anything from there both here (golf5/6/7), vortex or on facebook. It kind of seemed like they just completely disappeared.

They are still afloat but they only have one guy (Garrett) working PR and all of the customer service. He is currently part-time and there is only so much one guy can do. There tunes are ABSOLUTELY top notch, but they really need to hire an additional guy to get their customer service up there.

gtibrad

ZUM DIS
I know this thread is very old...I have my GIAC K04 H.O. file loaded in my MK5 these days because while running my original DM K04+ file, I had to rebuild my engine at 120k miles. The DM tune never beat my GIAC K04 1/4mi ET of 12.8s @ 112mph...and the rebuild is when I decided to switch back to GIAC. While the rebuild was happening, DM emailed me a newer K04+ version. I contacted them and they said this newer version is a closed loop tune and boost will now taper rather than target boost always being at maximum.

What I wanted to know is if your K04+ tune is open or closed loop...and whether or not DM sent you a closed loop following your original open loop tune.
If you did load that newer closed-loop K04+ version, could you tell me what you liked about it over the open-loop constant peak boost tune they originally came out with? I just haven't heard any reviews on this to date.

Been thinking of giving the newer closed loop tune a temporary tryout...although if it doesn't work well, I'll be out $100 to $120 for the loading of my stock file before I do the DM tryout and again for the return of the GIAC file...because DM is Dead and so there will be no support at getting it running.

Last edited: