GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Police vs GTI

socal87

Drag Race Newbie

kern417

Go Kart Champion
i was thinking something along the lines of a dust cloud followed by zooming in on 2 quarters that were flung out the window sliding down the coin chute. maybe a spinning license plate between twin trails of fire?

Zonaglxy

Ready to race!
Hopefully there were no cameras at the toll booth... Cops will be paying the GTI driver a visit at his house if there was.

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
Hopefully there were no cameras at the toll booth... Cops will be paying the GTI driver a visit at his house if there was.

Eh, not much they can really do unless they got a clear picture of the driver's face or the guy admits to it. The 3 tips to dealing with the police

1. Admit nothing
2. Deny everything
3. Start counter accusations early on

lol

manevmk

Passed Driver's Ed
im pretty sure every toll booth has cameras now. Hate to be negitive about it but he prob. got caught because of the toll booth.. unless he was witht those small paper temp plates and 5% tints. but kudos to that driver.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Brilliant.

Balls.

Bacon.

theburningclutch

Ready to race!
the moves the cop makes at 0:14 and 1:04 couldn't have been any worse than what the GTI did, lol.

Lol. I was thinking the same thing. Yeah, stopping in highway traffic and weaving across lanes seems justifyable for a minor traffic infraction.

Good driving to the GTI driver. Make them earn that revenue.

serge1

Ready to race!
Underpowered/heavy Crown Vic + average obese LEO = Bye bye "Interceptor"

By the way, this officer should be suspended for reckless driving

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
The original video was taken at a toll booth very closeby (Chicago suburbs)... I-294 South, Irving Park Rd. exit :D

My GTI is red though, so it wasn't me... :D

Jenkins MK6

Passed Driver's Ed
That was a great vid.

Uberryan

Banned
Cameras might not be able to capture plates at speeds in excess of 100mph. Timing is everything, and while the image might be clear, they're not expecting high speeds. Probably got an excellent picture of his tail pipes.

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Cameras might not be able to capture plates at speeds in excess of 100mph. Timing is everything, and while the image might be clear, they're not expecting high speeds. Probably got an excellent picture of his tail pipes.
Maybe, but I doubt it. Having personally seen stills from the toll booths, they shots are wide enough to get the whole lane and maybe 3+ car lengths, IIRC. I'd also imagine that a still photo would be triggered when the car breaks an infrared beam, which would result in a nearly instantaneous exposure.