GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unitronic Stage 2+ (K04) Dyno 91oct

KaJ

Ready to race!
Got any uncorrected numbers? SAE correction isn't the greatest on turbo cars.

KaJ

Ready to race!
Why? As of now no

Could lower or raise your numbers depending on the ambient conditions.

Just have them send you the raw file, then you can download the WinPEP app from dynojets website and change all the settings yourself.

ns01gti

Go Kart Champion
Very impressive. That torque is spot on for any 91oct K04 tune I've seen, but the HP is the highest I've seen on 91oct.

Just giving it the eye test as compared to APR... Max torque comes on about 300-500RPM later, however it holds torque later into the RPM band. As for horsepower, it looks nearly identical right across the RPM band until just past 5,000 RPM at which point the UNI file walks away.

EDIT: Have there been any other TSI (IHI or K04) runs done on this dyno for comparison?

Last edited:

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Awesome Numbers..

20whp more then my APR K04 but 20tq less...

Same type of dyno!

Remember correction factor though, the ops graph is SAE is the one you reference SAE or STD? STD tend to read slightly higher.

This is the OPS with STD correction (STD correction is what 95% of the graphs are on here)

Can't wait to see the W/M files come out

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
Yes that's what I'm thinking. Maybe I should run a MBC ummm

It's not that simple, it requires a custom tune. I tend to think its not that smart to mess with what UNI is doing here though. We run less boost but we run way more timing advance. Your 91 oct dyno proves they are doing it right. That is nice power for a K04 tsi compared to other customer dyno's we have seen around here

FLtrooper

Go Kart Champion
Remember correction factor though, the ops graph is SAE is the one you reference SAE or STD? STD tend to read slightly higher.

This is the OPS with STD correction (STD correction is what 95% of the graphs are on here)

Can't wait to see the W/M files come out

Your correct.. My numbers are in STD on 93. I wasn't trying to turn this into a "who's better" war, just simply sharing data!

BTW.. I love that smooth HP curve!!

;)

A_Bowers

It's not that simple, it requires a custom tune. I tend to think its not that smart to mess with what UNI is doing here though. We run less boost but we run way more timing advance. Your 91 oct dyno proves they are doing it right. That is nice power for a K04 tsi compared to other customer dyno's we see around here

I think that's the right way to make power.

Run it on the motor and rely less on boost.

This is proving to be very tempting.

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
I think that's the right way to make power.

Run it on the motor and rely less on boost.

This is proving to be very tempting.

I'm not sure about the science of it but the data we are seeing looks really good. It's a good tune

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Your correct.. My numbers are in STD on 93. I wasn't trying to turn this into a "who's better" war, just simply sharing data!

BTW.. I love that smooth HP curve!!

;)

yea not all trying to make whonis better out of this, just more for comparison sake when looking at anyones graph on here since we are already doin different day, dyno, climate, alignment of moon and stars, etc

Last edited:

trd420

Go Kart Champion
Very impressive. That torque is spot on for any 91oct K04 tune I've seen, but the HP is the highest I've seen on 91oct.

Just giving it the eye test as compared to APR... Max torque comes on about 300-500RPM later, however it holds torque later into the RPM band. As for horsepower, it looks nearly identical right across the RPM band until just past 5,000 RPM at which point the UNI file walks away.

EDIT: Have there been any other TSI (IHI or K04) runs done on this dyno for comparison?

Thanks and yes there was a CC with a APR k04 running and a stage 2 APR mk6 gti and a 2003 Mach 1 that I can put up graphs for