GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New to VW world!!!

AsianInaMk6

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys just wanted to introduced myself . I'm Jimmy from Philadelphia, pa. Just traded in my 2012 mazdaspeed 3 which I will dearly miss. I was debating between an 14 autobahn GLi or 13 gti. I got pre-owned certified along with extended warranty 7/100k miles I purchase
for 2013 Candy white Drivers Edition with DSG. Car has 6,285 miles on it .Didn't get the greatest deal but Ardmore VW was the only one that didn't req my pops to be there to trade in the speed3(under his name). Got the DE for 26,900 before TTT. With 1k pos equity and 1,500 down. Only thing that sucks that I couldn't get tax credit for the speed due to it's not under my name. All in all I'm happy with the purchase got a decent deal . DE don't come cheap in Philly . Cheapest one I saw was for 26k at Carsense with 7,100 miles and not certified. Well here she is and I'm here to learn all I can on a mk6.

Last edited:

MrMke

Go Kart Champion
Welcome. Nice color choice!

Yeah....I kinda miss my Speed3 in some ways....and would've gone back to another one....but that interior tho...:barf:

AsianInaMk6

Passed Driver's Ed
Got rid of the speed3 do to work and the soon to be wifey . Driving a manual was beginning to bug me with all the driving I do for work and city traffic is a headache . I do miss the speed3 . I made 285whp 340tq on tbe intake , etune stock tmic .

AsianInaMk6

Passed Driver's Ed
Welcome. Nice color choice!

Yeah....I kinda miss my Speed3 in some ways....and would've gone back to another one....but that interior tho...:barf:

Always wanted a white car! The speed3 will be miss .

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Well here is what i paste to all the newbs...

Use the search function before posting new threads and or try to search google using golfmk6 infront of your question. Example (golfmk6 what tune is best?).

Some cheap/free mods:
Get rid of dealer plates and stickers.
Gti seat inserts on your car seat handles.
Red footwell tape mod
Yellow fog light bulbs or Yellow Lamin X covers
Vagcom tweaks
Remove emblems

Also everyone will tell you the first thing you need to do at least is a stage 1 tune. Which requires nothing but ecu removal and tune (an intake is recommended), stage 2 you'll need at least a downpipe (intake also recommended).

The most popular tuning company is probably APR..but you also have giac,revo,unitronic...(by the way apr should be having their annual spring sale soon) www.goapr.com

Additionally another big exterior mod is golf r led tails. Depo makes a good reproduction. You can find out more on the above posted stuff by using the search function..goodluck

chip1

Ready to race!
Well here is what i paste to all the newbs...

Use the search function before posting new threads and or try to search google using golfmk6 infront of your question. Example (golfmk6 what tune is best?).

Some cheap/free mods:
Get rid of dealer plates and stickers.
Gti seat inserts on your car seat handles.
Red footwell tape mod
Yellow fog light bulbs or Yellow Lamin X covers
Vagcom tweaks
Remove emblems

Also everyone will tell you the first thing you need to do at least is a stage 1 tune. Which requires nothing but ecu removal and tune (an intake is recommended), stage 2 you'll need at least a downpipe (intake also recommended).

The most popular tuning company is probably APR..but you also have giac,revo,unitronic...(by the way apr should be having their annual spring sale soon) www.goapr.com

Additionally another big exterior mod is golf r led tails. Depo makes a good reproduction. You can find out more on the above posted stuff by using the search function..goodluck

This is great info for another newbie as well !

AsianInaMk6

Passed Driver's Ed
I've been on forums forever now lol. No matter what platform I'm on I've always search. Been reading up since I join. But thanks for the advice though. Planning to keep the gti stock for now due DD status. The gti will be garage status when I get a beater for work next year . Def will read up on the stage 1 flash . Heard that's the best bang for the buck. As for minor mods I might do a boost gauge possibly a intake as well.

AsianInaMk6

Passed Driver's Ed
Welcome and congrats!

I'm a Mazda guy myself.. I'm sure you miss that MS3 power.... and torque steer haha. The VW is definitely a step up in terms of an interior.

Have any questions regarding wheels/tires, feel free to shoot me a PM :thumbsup:

Thanks man