GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Suggestions on how to remove scuff

MMM.PWR

Ready to race!
Not sure how it got there. Was probably there when I bought the car (new)

Any suggestions on what I can use (by hand) to remove this scuff.

Thanks!

MMM.PWR

Ready to race!
Thanks for the suggestion. It looks like a good solution except the needing a drill part. I could probably borrow one but I'd rather do it by hand.

green hell

Ready to race!
meguiars scratch-x?

it's intended to be applied manually, but can also work with a buffer if you have one handy.

it's not a wipe-on, wipe off solution. bring a huge tub of elbow grease and don't expect quick miracles.

MMM.PWR

Ready to race!
Thought about Scratch X but wanted to know what you guys would use. I may try that. And I don't mind elbow grease.. haha

dmarsh15

Ready to race!
Do you have a polisher that you can use? Even a cheap one from walmart will do the trick.

green hell

Ready to race!
Thought about Scratch X but wanted to know what you guys would use. I may try that. And I don't mind elbow grease.. haha

it's the least offensive solution to try. if it doesn't work, you can upgrade to something more aggressive.

or get professional help.

:laugh:

eg6721

Ready to race!
Is the clear coat damaged at all? I prefer doing it by hand myself. I have used Scratch Out with pretty good results. Scratch X is essentially the same. If either products fail maybe try Meguiars rubbing compound...just be gentle as to not rub thru your clear coat. It doesn't look too serious though.