GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI - Fully loaded/high miles or base/low miles

afctom

Ready to race!
Hi, looking to upgrade my MK6 TSI Golf to a GTI. Obviously very excited as I've been wanting one for 3 years but I'm only 18 so had a lot of saving to do. Now, I've had my eye on these two cars in my local area.

The Edition 35 (2011) is obviously a lot nicer, much rarer, fantasic wheels, fully loaded spec xenon's, leather, DSG etc but it has just over 50k miles.

The base level GTI is pretty average, denver wheels, halogen headlights/taillights, cloth interior but it's only done 11k miles.

Now my budget is £18k ($27k). It just about buys one or the other, the ed 35 is a few hundred pounds more. Is the higher milage something to be deeply concerned about? other than water pumps, if I do regular oil changes then I should be good for another 60/70k miles at least? What are your thoughts guys. Cheers.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
What do would you like from a fully loaded one. For base one, you can get taillights and headlights swapped then sell halogens and get the 35 ed35 that you may find from another totaled one thats rear ended. Those will be still cheaper than getting the one that comes in standard, 50-11k ~39k, thats a lot of miles. My vote goes for base.

Stinger

Ready to race!
No matter what you choose, it's gonna cost you a fortune to move the steering wheel back to where it belongs...

afctom

Ready to race!
What do would you like from a fully loaded one. For base one, you can get taillights and headlights swapped then sell halogens and get the 35 ed35 that you may find from another totaled one thats rear ended. Those will be still cheaper than getting the one that comes in standard, 50-11k ~39k, thats a lot of miles. My vote goes for base.

Good idea but the parts would cost an absolute fortune, and it would be a lot of hassle where as the ed.35 was engineered from factory rather than me doing it!

Id go with the Ed35 - much nicer car, and 50k miles is nothing. See if they will throw in a free valve cleaning and DSG service if that hasnt already been done.

Yeah think i'm swaying more towards the ed35, its stunning and also its a modern car, built to be driven, 50k really isnt that much these days.

No matter what you choose, it's gonna cost you a fortune to move the steering wheel back to where it belongs...

Haha

Also remember the edition 35 has more tuning potential... its pretty much a fwd golf R (ko4 FSI).

:thumbup:

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Edition 35 all they way.

razr390

Go Kart Champion
ed35

Irishbri

Go Kart Champion
27k US is steep for the base model....in august (in the New World) I paid 18k for a well taken care of 2012 with 39000..9k for early 28k mile difference seems excessive....I'd go for the Ed35....if what everyone is saying is true about it being comparable to the R 32 then you have a performance level similar to a Stage 1 tune right off the lot....

GTE Age

Passed Driver's Ed
You already knew what you was going to buy, didn't you?

You just wanted to let us all know didn't you LOL?

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Ed 35 for the potentíal gainz

Last edited: