GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

nagokart

Ready to race!
Have you guys fixed the issue with launch control working on the 6MTs?

kapoogle

Passed Driver's Ed
Ordered flash tune today with the crackles as well, stoked! But left my AP at my home T_T

Noodle1

Ready to race!
finally did the switch from apr to stratified, hopefully I dont regret it

Last edited:

CHerna

Ready to race!

According to the people who have switched from APR, you definitely won't. Stratified is the only tune I've ever had, so I can't testify. Regardless, I love the hell out of my tune!

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
The others in this thread that have switched are happy.

According to the people who have switched from APR, you definitely won't. Stratified is the only tune I've ever had, so I can't testify. Regardless, I love the hell out of my tune!
This x2.

Love my Stratified Tune.

bbqchipsfan

Bought my MK6 used this summer. Just emailed APR with my VIN and found out my car had the Stage 1 low torque tune added a year ago, but they can’t confirm if it’s still on the car. That would explain the unpredictable acceleration, rough shifts, & rough starts (I have a 6 speed) I’ve been experiencing. Would the Stratified tune help clean this up? I added a CAI & TBE so I’d likely go Stage 2. Emailed Alex for his thoughts too.

Thanks!

jeez

Ready to race!
Bought my MK6 used this summer. Just emailed APR with my VIN and found out my car had the Stage 1 low torque tune added a year ago, but they can’t confirm if it’s still on the car. That would explain the unpredictable acceleration, rough shifts, & rough starts (I have a 6 speed) I’ve been experiencing. Would the Stratified tune help clean this up? I added a CAI & TBE so I’d likely go Stage 2. Emailed Alex for his thoughts too.

Thanks!
Without knowing what tune is on and if the car has mechanical issues, it's hard to tell. IF you know for a fact the software is to blame, I think you'll end up being happy.

If you have mechanical issues, Alex might be able to help diagnose them via logging but you'll need elbow grease and/or a repair shop for that.

TL;DR: If your car is healthy, you won't regret it. If it's not, you should be talking to a VW shop before going to Alex.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

bbqchipsfan

Without knowing what tune is on and if the car has mechanical issues, it's hard to tell. IF you know for a fact the software is to blame, I think you'll end up being happy.

If you have mechanical issues, Alex might be able to help diagnose them via logging but you'll need elbow grease and/or a repair shop for that.

TL;DR: If your car is healthy, you won't regret it. If it's not, you should be talking to a VW shop before going to Alex.

Yeah, I believe the engine is healthy, and all of the above problems I have experienced can be attributed to the software, I think. The car is a 2011 with 39K miles, so not high mileage at all. And it had a new clutch put in at 25K miles. I guess my question is, from reading through a majority of this thread, everyone who switched from APR to Stratified said that it’s a much smoother tune overall - so would that help alleviate my problems of rough shifts, unpredictable acceleration, rough takeoffs, etc?

jeez

Ready to race!
I would assume so. There's people talking about APR surging.

All else being equal, a custom tune will beat an OTS tune.

I'm happy with my change and my car was running fine with APR, but slower and not as smooth as the final Stratified tune for my (then) K03.

Last edited:

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Anyone here have a F23T setup with a pro tune? I'm looking into getting one soon and was wondering if stratified offers a pro tune for the F23 and what numbers people are getting.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Anyone here have a F23T setup with a pro tune? I'm looking into getting one soon and was wondering if stratified offers a pro tune for the F23 and what numbers people are getting.
a pro tune is a completely custom tune so yes they can do that with the F23 or any other big turbo.

Not sure if anyone specifically has used them with the F23T yet though.

#inb4Friggintellsyounot2getthef23t

jeez

Ready to race!
Stratified's test car is a GTI with the F23T if I'm not mistaken. Alex posted a dyno a few posts up.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Stratified's test car is a GTI with the F23T if I'm not mistaken. Alex posted a dyno a few posts up.

Thanks, those numbers look nice, now just have to get the parts.

jeez

Ready to race!
a pro tune is a completely custom tune so yes they can do that with the F23 or any other big turbo.

Not sure if anyone specifically has used them with the F23T yet though.

#inb4Friggintellsyounot2getthef23t
Yeah they have F23T dynos on their webpage. I didn't see a K04 tho

tofuD01

Ready to race!
Just received my AP...tried to install it to my car and it says not supported by this accessport....it's got latest updates on the AP itself..

I have a dsg GTi.