GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any Track Rats Still Active?

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
I may be picking up an LSD by the end of the year. How do you all like Mfactory? If I can get it for 20% off at $620 I can't see it being a bad investment. I'll probably pick up the steel shift forks for 1-2, and 3-4 just in case I don't have them in there. And the necessary new bearings or w/e.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I may be picking up an LSD by the end of the year. How do you all like Mfactory? If I can get it for 20% off at $620 I can't see it being a bad investment. I'll probably pick up the steel shift forks for 1-2, and 3-4 just in case I don't have them in there. And the necessary new bearings or w/e.

Legit company, they never really made a presence for themselves on this platform though. Big in the jdm world though. My buddy has a mk5 gti with an mfactory lsd. He doesn't have any complaints with it.

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
What an excellent lap dude.

Its crazy how even on video I can tell how much i need a new LSD. Your corner speed is intense; also saw 1.4G! What tires are you running?

I'm running 225/45R17 Yokohama AD08R's at 38psi hot. This lap was at the end of a 30 minute session, so they we're getting a little greasy and talking back the whole time. :laugh:

The LSD makes this car so much fun on track because you can just steer and power toward the apex. I'm able to feather the throttle through the turn, then got WOT sooner.

I need more power! Getting passed by the Camaro SS in the back straight is humbling. I did catch him in the turns though. :thumbsup:

clownish

just clowning around
Ive been under the impression mfactory has some of the cheapest prices for a lsd but there might be s deal to be had because peloqin isn't that large of a company and I know my local shop talks to them a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion

MFactory seems to be popular in the BMW world as well. From everything I hear, they're very reputable.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I'm running 225/45R17 Yokohama AD08R's at 38psi hot. This lap was at the end of a 30 minute session, so they we're getting a little greasy and talking back the whole time. :laugh:

The LSD makes this car so much fun on track because you can just steer and power toward the apex. I'm able to feather the throttle through the turn, then got WOT sooner.

I need more power! Getting passed by the Camaro SS in the back straight is humbling. I did catch him in the turns though. :thumbsup:

Catching them in the turns sure is great though. I made the mistake in the paddock of letting these faster camaros go out in front of me because I thought they'd be faster. Thought. Ended up chasing a guy for several laps because he wouldn't let me pass. Finally got the point by on him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjWu7n57PrU&feature=youtu.be&t=165

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Yea, from the research I was doing, it seems like Mfactory is new to the Volkswagen world but not new to the LSD world at all. I believe someone on these forums either used to or still does rock an Mfactory LSD on a big turbo build. Maybe is was U20-T?

Whether it be Mfactory, Peloquin, Wavetrac etc... its gotta be better than the electronic system that comes stock in these cars.

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Catching them in the turns sure is great though. I made the mistake in the paddock of letting these faster camaros go out in front of me because I thought they'd be faster. Thought. Ended up chasing a guy for several laps because he wouldn't let me pass. Finally got the point by on him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjWu7n57PrU&feature=youtu.be&t=165

Finally getting the point-by after laps of riding the bumper of a high HP car is so freaking satisfying. :laugh::D

There was no shortage of mustangs and camaros at this particular event, and more often than not, it was painful in the turns. I sat on a beautiful gray 2018 Mustang GT's bumper for the better part of a lap before he finally conceded and gave the point-by. Egos, man.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
im lowkey reading where everyone on this thread is located...

iirc im sleeping at your house clownish for mid ohio. thanks buddy! :thumbsup:

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Few pictures from HPDE event at VIR this past weekend. Speaking of riding bumpers of high HP cars. :laugh:

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Solotime 10" Reusable Vinyl Numbers from Solo Performance. I've used this set for about 10 track days and not had an issue.

ill check it out thanks

how scared were you when you realized you were between 2 mustangs? :yikes: