Any Track Rats Still Active?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
blanks or slotted for looks, agreed.

centric is stoptech, good point.

hard on brakes?? try RA, lol....

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
id say gingerman is medium/hard on brakes...the back straight and the front straight are right after each other.

can easily crank 120 over the back straight down to a slow right hand, back into another straight away..thats where a lot of the heat is imo...throughout the center of the track you get some time where your brakes will air cool but then those straights again lol

personally id say nah...most people ive talked to seem to go for non slotted not drilled blanks blanks.

centric is stoptech btw, not everyone knows that :thumbsup:

Good info. thanks!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
toasted.

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Got the car out the 1/4 mile finally.

First time launching the car in this type of format as I usually circuit race.

Stats:

Altitude: 1400 ft... DA should be close as it was around 15C outside
Tires: Federal 595RSRR
Trap time: 13.7 was my best
Trap speed: 108mph
RT: .4
60': 2.5

K04 on 91 octane

My 60 was trash and no matter how hard i tried to launch i either spun or bogged. A couple guys said track prep wasnt great. IDK because i dont drag much.

Cars weight was up too. No CF hood, LW battery or race seat. @2900 lbs w/o me in it.

Thoughts?

Eowyn89

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Got the car out the 1/4 mile finally.

First time launching the car in this type of format as I usually circuit race.

Stats:

Altitude: 1400 ft... DA should be close as it was around 15C outside
Tires: Federal 595RSRR
Trap time: 13.7 was my best
Trap speed: 108mph
RT: .4
60': 2.5

K04 on 91 octane

My 60 was trash and no matter how hard i tried to launch i either spun or bogged. A couple guys said track prep wasnt great. IDK because i dont drag much.

Cars weight was up too. No CF hood, LW battery or race seat. @2900 lbs w/o me in it.

Thoughts?
I've never drag raced my car. I kind of want to. Can't really comment on the times, were the tires warmed up? I know full weight k04 cars with drag tires can easily get into the low 12's if not 11's.

Do you by chance know what the weight difference is between the CF hood you have and oem?

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
I've never drag raced my car. I kind of want to. Can't really comment on the times, were the tires warmed up? I know full weight k04 cars with drag tires can easily get into the low 12's if not 11's.

Do you by chance know what the weight difference is between the CF hood you have and oem?

So i pass by the water box on every pass. Tires were not track warm but they were biting. The hard part was getting them to bite and not bog down (ie... what rpm to launch at)

my car was roughly 80lbs heavier than usual track day.

The trap speed says that high 12s low 13s is possible in this configuration but my 60ft is garbage.

Big thing with those cars that hit 11s on K04 is that they are all DSG. :/

Either way this is my last go before leaving for korea. So whatever the answer is i will have to wait a long while before i get back out there

jay745

Big thing with those cars that hit 11s on K04 is that they are all DSG. :/

Oh lord I don't want to get into this here. Footwork and practice. I haven't lost to a dsg k04 car yet. Driver mod ftw

Either way this is my last go before leaving for korea. So whatever the answer is i will have to wait a long while before i get back out there

Korea??? oh wow for work or?

Eowyn89

Next mod

Looking for input on my next mod - anti-sway bars. I currently run stock anti-sway bars and recently upgraded to VWR sport springs/shocks (which I love!). From all of my searching on the various forums, it seems like H&R is the brand to go with, but there are a lot of opinions on size and settings. Since my car serves triple purposes - track/fun/occasional DD - I was thinking of the 26 up front and 22 in the back on the soft setting. Thoughts?

P.S. I was supposed to do my first track event this weekend, but the rain last week caused the event to get postponed because they have to do last week's event this week so I won't get on the track until the end of June. C'est la vie!

jay745

That not withstanding there is a reason there isnt a K04 car in the 11s...

And yea im in my final year in the Army
not even with slicks?

Ah didn't know you were in the Army. Safe travels bud and return safe!

Looking for input on my next mod - anti-sway bars. I currently run stock anti-sway bars and recently upgraded to VWR sport springs/shocks (which I love!). From all of my searching on the various forums, it seems like H&R is the brand to go with, but there are a lot of opinions on size and settings. Since my car serves triple purposes - track/fun/occasional DD - I was thinking of the 26 up front and 22 in the back on the soft setting. Thoughts?

P.S. I was supposed to do my first track event this weekend, but the rain last week caused the event to get postponed because they have to do last week's event this week so I won't get on the track until the end of June. C'est la vie!

I think you'd understeer a little bit with a 22 rear and 26 front especially with the rear 22 on soft. I have a 26 front on soft and 24 rear on hard and think it's the perfect setting for this platform.