GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I think i Fudged Up, Misfire, Low Fuel Pressure

Mimog3

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey all, so i decided to do a burn out and then bam engine ran like crap. It started misfiring on cylinder 4 and came up with P0304 P0087 P2307 P0354. i swapped the coils with no success. removed the plugs from 2,3, and 4. When looking at inside cylinder 4 i saw gas spraying in the cylinder, when removing cylinder 3 there was white smoke, cylinder 2 was fine. so I'm thinking something is screwed internally now. not very happy and regret being a dumbass. How screwed am i?

I see clouds of white smoke and it smells like gas, stuck injector?

Last edited:

gtispoolin

Wow - I read your post and had a flashback. Same thing happened to me (minus the burn out). I was driving home from work and got a red light. Next thing I know the car is hesitating/sputtering real bad then it hit me like a freight train the strong smell of gas. Had to park real quick and trek it 3 miles home. Turns out it was the injectors.

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
Hey all, so i decided to do a burn out and then bam engine ran like crap. It started misfiring on cylinder 4 and came up with P0304 P0087 P2307 P0354. i swapped the coils with no success. removed the plugs from 2,3, and 4. When looking at inside cylinder 4 i saw gas spraying in the cylinder, when removing cylinder 3 there was white smoke, cylinder 2 was fine. so I'm thinking something is screwed internally now. not very happy and regret being a dumbass. How screwed am i?

I see clouds of white smoke and it smells like gas, stuck injector?

There is a warranty extension on the fuel injectors out to 120,000 miles I believe. Take it to the dealer I'd say.

Mimog3

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks Guys, Figured it was the injectors. just picked some up from the VW dealer for 55 a pop. Gonna have fun installing them on the weekend and do some carbon cleaning while I'm in there. My GTI has 142k on it now so im pretty much out of luck.

This car is a money pit.

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
This car is a money pit.

You're in good company on that front, 148k miles here. I'm already $2k into my car this year for rear main seal and dual-mass flywheel, and my downpipe started leaking right at the flex section so I guess I'm gonna have to go Stage 2 as well. The flex section leak was probably caused by my engine/transmission mounts being pretty shot causing excessive stress on the flex section, so that's gonna be another expenditure to do the mounts.

Mimog3

Passed Driver's Ed
You're in good company on that front, 148k miles here. I'm already $2k into my car this year for rear main seal and dual-mass flywheel, and my downpipe started leaking right at the flex section so I guess I'm gonna have to go Stage 2 as well. The flex section leak was probably caused by my engine/transmission mounts being pretty shot causing excessive stress on the flex section, so that's gonna be another expenditure to do the mounts.

Well turns out the Fuel injectors were the culprit. never in my life did i ever have a fuel injector take a dump in any car I've owned. Lets say the GTI is testing my patience. But the fun factor of this thing is sky high. I purchased this car as a project. Ive put maybe 1500 into the damn car, Timing chain & Tensioner, Rear Main Seal, PCV diaphram , Clutch and pressure plate, Diverter valve and some tires.

Let see how long ill keep this mother*****r

Had a scare after i started it, it was pumping blue smoke out for a good 30 mins and then got a low oil pressure light. Changed the oil and drove this thing like i stole it. I assume the gas got in the oil and thinned it out causing the oil pressure to stay low. All is good now knock on wood.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Well turns out the Fuel injectors were the culprit. never in my life did i ever have a fuel injector take a dump in any car I've owned. Lets say the GTI is testing my patience. But the fun factor of this thing is sky high. I purchased this car as a project. Ive put maybe 1500 into the damn car, Timing chain & Tensioner, Rear Main Seal, PCV diaphram , Clutch and pressure plate, Diverter valve and some tires.

Let see how long ill keep this mother*****r

Had a scare after i started it, it was pumping blue smoke out for a good 30 mins and then got a low oil pressure light. Changed the oil and drove this thing like i stole it. I assume the gas got in the oil and thinned it out causing the oil pressure to stay low. All is good now knock on wood.

I had multiple injectors fail back in January, flooded 2 cylinders. Scared the crap outta me lol, blew a engine back when I had a Evo due to a fueling problem. Car (and Hobby) is a money pit!!! I agree about the fun factor though.