GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

93serprise

Ready to race!
Purchased a Fluidampr to go with my K04ed mk6. I am curious as to how the car will feel when it is installed :) Also.....got the approval from wifey to go Big Turbo as soon as taxes come in next year ;) Doing a-lot of research now on what I want to get but I know that I am replacing rods for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Purchased a Fluidampr to go with my K04ed mk6. I am curious as to how the car will feel when it is installed :) Also.....got the approval from wifey to go Big Turbo as soon as taxes come in next year ;) Doing a-lot of research now on what I want to get but I know that I am replacing rods for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interested to see how the fluidampr changes the feel of the engine, i'm probably gonna be picking one up soon.

crazyaRms

Ready to race!
Recieved my dieselgeek sigma 6 Sunday and installed yesterday. Definitely an improvement to my old failing shifter but it is going to take some time do get used to. Feels very light and smooth where my previous setup was notchy and aggressive. Definitely easier to drive now which is certainly a plus.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Interested to see how the fluidampr changes the feel of the engine, i'm probably gonna be picking one up soon.

I installed a fluidampr on my k04 mk6 recently. Sadly really can't feel much of a difference both in vibrations and mid/top end pull. Maybe just a tad smoother at high revs? Can't feel a difference for the 5-10 hp it maybe adds.

That said, glad I did it. It all adds up.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I'm not really sure how much the fluidampr helped my car either. The problem is I installed it at the same as motor mounts. It was easy to see the improvements with the motor mounts, but not with the fluidampr. My NVH and flywheel chatter didn't increase with the mounts, so I feel like that's one thing the fluidampr helped with though.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I'm not really sure how much the fluidampr helped my car either. The problem is I installed it at the same as motor mounts. It was easy to see the improvements with the motor mounts, but not with the fluidampr. My NVH and flywheel chatter didn't increase with the mounts, so I feel like that's one thing the fluidampr helped with though.

That's what I really want out of it. I have a SB stage 2 endurance clutch, HPA red puck, ECS pendulum, and 034 SD mounts so I get a good amount of NVH and the clutch chatter when im below 2000 rpms is insane.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
I noticed a sharp decrease in NVH after installing my fuildampr. I have the VWR subframe pucks and was almost thinking of taking them out at the time.

It's also not just NVH, most of "vibrations" that it absorbs are inside the motor itself and can't necessarily be "felt"

ferrariF601

Ready to race!
That's what I really want out of it. I have a SB stage 2 endurance clutch, HPA red puck, ECS pendulum, and 034 SD mounts so I get a good amount of NVH and the clutch chatter when im below 2000 rpms is insane.

i thought those SB clutches were supoosed to be chatter FREE....or is it just teh daily version that has no chatter.....OR the new updated ones compared to the previous version

i've got the RSR clutch and have ZERO chatter

smanierre

Autocross Champion
i thought those SB clutches were supoosed to be chatter FREE....or is it just teh daily version that has no chatter.....OR the new updated ones compared to the previous version

i've got the RSR clutch and have ZERO chatter

It may be just the daily that is, also could just be noise from the LSD. Not really sure if its chatter or not but when i'm accelerating at low RPMs you can definitely hear a lot of noise coming from the transmission. I also just got it installed so I would imagine it's the newest version.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
yesterday removed my P3 vent gauge to make room for a cobb AP tuner in that approximate locale.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow.

ferrariF601

Ready to race!
Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow.

i just had mine done like 2 weeks ago as a preventitive measure; i only have less then 40K miles on my 2010, but planning on keeping it for a long while, especially since i'll be passing it to my wife while i'm searching for a 2013 golf R in RISING BLUE

i checked block 93 and my old chain was at -1.95 and i think when it reads 4 and above the chain is pretty stretched and also requires replacement.

i've had the indy shop replace both the chain and tensioner for a piece of mind and now block 93 reads -1.46 if anyone cares....

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
i just had mine done like 2 weeks ago as a preventitive measure

Same, I wasn't having any issues. I just don't trust these parts after having to go through something similar with my '01 vr6. The recommended interval for changing the chain on those is 120k. At 111k I stretched the chain and broke a tooth on the sprocket. I'm at 75k on my '11 gti I have now, and while I don't really drive more than 5k miles a year I do want to keep it for a few more years. Once this is over I can start paying her off with only $4k to go. It won't take me long to pay that off I think, and once that's over just drive her for a few more years and enjoy not having a payment for once. I also want to wait until mk8s are out so it works out perfect.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
I noticed a sharp decrease in NVH after installing my fuildampr. I have the VWR subframe pucks and was almost thinking of taking them out at the time.

It's also not just NVH, most of "vibrations" that it absorbs are inside the motor itself and can't necessarily be "felt"

That is a good point.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
It may be just the daily that is, also could just be noise from the LSD. Not really sure if its chatter or not but when i'm accelerating at low RPMs you can definitely hear a lot of noise coming from the transmission. I also just got it installed so I would imagine it's the newest version.

Like a rattling noise at low speeds? Yeah that's your clutch, it's normal. My GTI used to do it with the SACHS SRE Stage 2. Had a really light flywheel. Under 2k it sounded like marbles in my trans.

It's not chatter, it's just the nature of those clutches. I have a twin disk in my vette now and it has a bit of NVH at low RPMs as well. Chatter is when taking off in first gear, if you keep the RPMs real low you'll feel the car literally chatter when it tries to engage. It will translate vibration into the cabin. If you have an organic faced single disk it would be tough to get it to chatter. The more aggressive materials, like cerametallic, will chatter if not engaged correctly.

The word chatter on this forum is always thrown around incorrectly, the noise that people refer to as "chatter" here is just the NVH from a clutch with a light flywheel.