GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Question bi-xenon with leds

JerZyT28

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes, I've looked first of all. My question is, I'm about to install the euro switch, I don't have a rear fog. What options do I have with this set up? I currently have my drls set to be turned on and off through the mfi.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
options - you can run the city lights with your fogs, thats about it, iirc.

slush.puppie

Ready to race!
Yes, I've looked first of all. My question is, I'm about to install the euro switch, I don't have a rear fog. What options do I have with this set up? I currently have my drls set to be turned on and off through the mfi.

1: drls on
2: drls dimmed & tails (pull for fogs)
3: drls dimmed & low beams & tails (pull for fogs)

mkcsg

Ready to race!
I have also read so many mixed reviews about this. Has anyone who has the swap on a 2011 please chime in.Seems like what i read they are plug and play for factory xenon cars, but people are having issues with the coding.

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Kashak has the LED DRLs in his 2011 - you might wanna PM him to see what he changed (if anything)

slush.puppie

Ready to race!
Kashak has the LED DRLs in his 2011 - you might wanna PM him to see what he changed (if anything)

as does "ilovebrunch", I helped him do his coding. byte 18 to 04 (he has oem led tails also) and everything works great. euro switch works perfectly, as do LEDs front and back. 2011 with factory xenon, upgraded to 2012 oem housings.

mkcsg

Ready to race!
as does "ilovebrunch", I helped him do his coding. byte 18 to 04 (he has oem led tails also) and everything works great. euro switch works perfectly, as do LEDs front and back. 2011 with factory xenon, upgraded to 2012 oem housings.

Hey man, do you mind shooting me a PM with all the info. I have oem tails aswell and was worried

Thanks

JerZyT28

Passed Driver's Ed
ok, after a hiccup at the dealer (they ordered me the cheaper, not chrome switch, took some time to swap everything over ;D) i have the switch installed. So with my DRL's off, being able to turn them on and off with MFI, positions are:

Off: Obviously everything is off
Park lights: Side markers, tails on, pull out for fogs
Headlights: All lights on, pull for fog

What I'm trying to do is keep my DRL's off, but when I put it in the PARK position, I want my DRL's to come on with the side markers and tails. Is this even possible?

mkcsg

Ready to race!

Is this the same for the oem led tails without rear fog,seems every thread i read about it the 2 are different.