GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Top Speed after APR reflash?

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
So everyone seems to agree that 135 was the stock top speed... Mine hit a brick wall at 120 in 5th gear. It was pulling fine till it suddenly hit the limiter. Wasn't expecting it. Haha

So 120 for me stock.

kurupt_hawaiian

Ready to race!
175 here also on the A9 Autobahn here in Germany. It was slightly down hill while I was coasting with a BMW X6 and BMW 328i wagon. Starts to feel very weird after 155 mph. At the time I had the the APR stage 2, DP, Intake, T.A.B, H&R SS springs and stock 18" tires.

You're making me miss the Autobahn...I was stationed in Bamberg in 2005-2008. I only had my stage 1 Audi A4 2.0T at the time...I hit 160mph in that car. My GTI hasn't seen those speeds yet...probably never will.:( I did hit 175mph test driving a 2008 BMW M3 on the autobahn though! :D

I miss Germany now:cry:

grambles423

Automotive Engineer

ina12K04gti

Ready to race!
I'll would be happy to let you know as soon as they don't put you in jail for speed over twice the legal limit. I can say I've got it from 0-140 in about 3/4 of a mile. I value my license/ insurance too much to be playing like this though.

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
You guys that are thinking that you're hitting anywhere close to an actual 175 with just a stage 2 are fooling yourselves. The car is shaped like an egg, and when combine that with less than 260whp, you're definitely not hitting the same speed as a 997 Carrera S that weighs almost the same, has a much better CoD, much better gearing, and 60whp on you. You're lucky to break 150 at stage 2. GPS it and find out for yourselves.

serge1

Ready to race!
What is the top speed gearing wise, say 6th @6800rpm?

Around 172 mph (25.3 mph @ 1k rpm in sixth gear / 25.3 x 6.8 (6800rpm) = 172)

I'm Stage-1, and the car won't go any faster than 145 mph on flat roads. Quite dissapointing IMO. However, and according to a GPS device, I hit 160 mph once, but it was downhill on a very steep stretch of Autobahn 62. On the other side, my previous modified Evo VIII was a beast top speed wise; it used to hit fuel cut in 5th gear at 7,800 rpm (175 mph)

Merkle

Banned
You guys that are thinking that you're hitting anywhere close to an actual 175 with just a stage 2 are fooling yourselves. The car is shaped like an egg, and when combine that with less than 260whp, you're definitely not hitting the same speed as a 997 Carrera S that weighs almost the same, has a much better CoD, much better gearing, and 60whp on you. You're lucky to break 150 at stage 2. GPS it and find out for yourselves.

Of course I was ignoring air resistance. And of course road selection. I'd be happy getting it up to 150mph. I got it to 130mph when I was stage 1. After 120 is was definitely out of puff. Hopefully I'll be able to try again soon with Stg.2