GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is there anything I can do for Gears?

ecniv

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,

My wife and I have noticed that the gear change is not as smooth as it was back a month ago.

I have been missing third sometimes as it gets caught on the way in, I think its in and bring the clutch up to a screeching noise, curses and vague panic.

Is there any product I can put on the gears to allow smoother changing? Or do I just need to pop back to the dealers?

BTW, I get the grinding feeling when changing gears and can feel vibration after the dead zone bit or when fully depressed. Admittedly it feels worse in my work shoes (thinner soles) and the techy vw bloke said its normal (thick work boots).

munkey

Ready to race!
Buy a shortshifter? I heard the dieselgeek SS cleans up the shifts a lot. Although I am sure you have other brands that are available in the UK.

gkallis

Ready to race!
how hard are they to install for a 18 year old dummy because im having same problem lol

chapusin1

Go Kart Champion
The dieselgeek will make them shorter but WILL NOT make them smoother. I have that same problem where the clutch vibrates a lot but the dealer said it's totally normal. I've found that when I grind 3rd (for some reason that's the one that grinds for me too), I need to push my seat forward. That fixes the problem since your foot will push the pedal a little deeper.

Ben1

Go Kart Champion
Yup sometimes that 3rd is a doozy, we sell the Dieselgeek kits but they don't remedy the non-fully engaged clutch issue. Just makes shifting much more enjoyable with shorter, quicker throws - and installation isn't that bad :).

Bmath340

Ready to race!
Yeah, the clutch pedal is supposed to vibrate. Its normal. As far as grinding, make sure the clutch is in all the way and there shouldn't be any problems. If there still is, its out of our hands on and to the dealer :)

Burntchicken

Ready to race!
Just make sure you're not shifting super fast, or mistakes like that happen, just be patient and let the gear go all the way it :)