GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"Shades of grey" my 2011 ug build

Schn3ll1

Passed Driver's Ed
My twin - in the same town! Apparently not big enough for the both of us, I am completely moved out of the area within 2 weeks!

shawn lichtfuss

Ready to race!
My twin - in the same town! Apparently not big enough for the both of us, I am completely moved out of the area within 2 weeks!
Always room for both of us:D I'm actually in the green lane area but I use allentown because it's the closest city to me & no one heard of my town. Are you moving to CA?

Schn3ll1

Passed Driver's Ed
Always room for both of us:D I'm actually in the green lane area but I use allentown because it's the closest city to me & no one heard of my town. Are you moving to CA?

Yep, slowly moving to socal. Currently in Macungie for about 2 more weeks.

shawn lichtfuss

Ready to race!
Yep, slowly moving to socal. Currently in Macungie for about 2 more weeks.

Very cool, I love socal I have a uncle that lives in Cardiff by the sea and we try to go out there as much as we can. Enjoy yourself!

Schn3ll1

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks man! Btw, I noticed Gracie jiu-jitsu in your pic, do you practice in the area?

shawn lichtfuss

Ready to race!
Thanks man! Btw, I noticed Gracie jiu-jitsu in your pic, do you practice in the area?

Yes, I train at the Renzo gracie PA academy in hatfield,pa. We where Renzo's first satellite school outside of his nyc school. I started training there in 03'

shawn lichtfuss

Ready to race!
Some parts are trickling in. I have the bbs ch wheels on already with the ecs euro locks & I already did some smaller mods. I have two more piles like this around the house much to my wife's displeasure. I'm gonna get it on the lift in a week & will start doing werke.

shawn lichtfuss

Ready to race!
very nice. eager to see your wheel/brake combo

X2 I hope I can get the brembo's on without a spacer? There seems to be plenty of room even with a 355mm kit. I'm still waiting on the rear rotors. I just went with adam's rotors on the rear with hawk pads & ss lines. I have a few sets of spacers laying around just in case.

I really want to get it right with this suspension. I went with a full whiteline walk & bushing kit to compliment the sway bars. I also found some beefier front end links to go with the bsh rear end links. I may even go with new control arms unibrace & a z brace for auto x.

GDOGGTI

Go Kart Champion
X2 I hope I can get the brembo's on without a spacer? There seems to be plenty of room even with a 355mm kit. I'm still waiting on the rear rotors. I just went with adam's rotors on the rear with hawk pads & ss lines. I have a few sets of spacers laying around just in case.

I really want to get it right with this suspension. I went with a full whiteline walk & bushing kit to compliment the sway bars. I also found some beefier front end links to go with the bsh rear end links. I may even go with new control arms unibrace & a z brace for auto x.

this is why I love following your build threads. you know exactly what you are doing :happyanim:

shawn lichtfuss

Ready to race!
this is why I love following your build threads. you know exactly what you are doing :happyanim:
Well alot of it was trial & error on my mkv, so since the suspensions are nearly identical I knew what worked for me on that car, but thanks anyway for the vote of confidence;)

shawn lichtfuss

Ready to race!
Doing some sunday morning work on the gti little things only. Next weekend I'm going to try to get the brakes on & the R tails. I also will get it on the lift for the first round of suspension mods.

Big props to john@FTC5 for the sidemarkers. I also have him working on a new project for me, since these turned out so well. If the color looks a tiny bit off it's because I have a expel clear bra on the the car & the sidemarkers don't yet so it reflects the light a bit differently, but they are a dead on factory match:

Now, I'm a self admitted carbon fiber junkie & had a few real cf overlay parts made up to compliment the tid paddle extensions. It may not be to everyone's taste, but I like it. I had a ton of cf in my mkv so I'm just continuing the trend. You'll understand when you see the bay when it's done.

Now if your wondering why I didn't do my headunit it's because I'm retro fitting in a 510 so I can run the CC back up camera & that's been done too:

IMO I like the center dash overlayed in cf, but I don't think I'll do any more as I feel more would become gaudy. Especially as I do a new interior etc... Can't wait for next weekend to start knocking out some bigger mods.

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
the carbon fiber seems to reflect a lot of light in pictures, i am sure it looks different in person. It feels a bit busy to me.. but all that matters is that you like it.