Votes: 144 28.9%
  • United Gray

Votes: 49 9.8%
  • Candy White

Votes: 147 29.5%

• Total voters

msm00b

Ready to race!
If I could change my car's color, it'd be to CSG for sure.

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
On this board i have seen beautiful cars in each of the colors that they give us in the USA. I think the nicest ones that i have seen really depend on the accessories that are selected, from the tint, wheels, side markers etc. if they are coordinated nicely the car really looks special/good.

i am not much of a modifier so i am very pleased with the gti in its stock mode in CSG.

Clempson13

Ready to race!
when i was purchasing i knew right away i didn't want the gray at all. felt like the red car kinda killed the red accenting on the grill and with the red seam interior and plaid it was a bit much. came down to the white or black which are both awesome colors; i chose the pearl black :cool:

wabbit2

My Mark I was black, but when time came to replace my baby with a new Mark VI, i wanted the Carbon Steel Gray, which i still feel is a really elegant color. But i ended up buying a used Mark VI with only 6000 miles on it, color black, and i have to say i love it. The black, amazingly, doesn't show black. It reflects everything around it as if a dark mirror, something none of the other colors seem to do. It attracts no attention while it attracts all attention, its both there and not there. And its a pain in the butt in that you'll have to wash and polish it constantly, and every time someone leans on the car they'll leave a tiny scratch that would show in no other color. So there is a tradeoff, as there is with all beauty; its a wonder to look at in its complete elegance, and it'll torture you with its constant complaining. Sound familiar?

09vdubgti

Banned
Owning a black car is a career all in itself.....

( keeping it clean and stuff )

I absolutely love Carbon Steel...more than my own United Grey.

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
... The black, amazingly, doesn't show black. It reflects everything around it as if a dark mirror, something none of the other colors seem to do. It attracts no attention while it attracts all attention, its both there and not there. And its a pain in the butt in that you'll have to wash and polish it constantly, and every time someone leans on the car they'll leave a tiny scratch that would show in no other color. So there is a tradeoff, as there is with all beauty; its a wonder to look at in its complete elegance, and it'll torture you with its constant complaining. Sound familiar?

Owning a black car is a career all in itself.....

/QUOTE]

I can't help but agree with these two sentiments.

There is great satisfaction in viewing your newly washed DBP GTI, gleaming in the sunshine and reflecting the colors of its environment, like a black chameleon. When it's newly waxed, the depth of its color just draws you in like a black hole draws in stellar matter - you can't escape from it.

There is also great frustration in seeing your car dirty not twenty-four hours after you washed it, because of rain, splashes, dust, pollen and a myriad of other items. There is great pain in seeing the scratches, swirls, dings, dents, chips just show up on the car with no rhyme or reason, no matter how careful you are in trying to maintain it.

It is both a curse and a blessing to have a black car.

Some pictures, to illustrate my point:

IMG_0353 by Diondi Tan, on Flickr

IMG_0398 by Diondi Tan, on Flickr

IMG_1599 by Diondi Tan, on Flickr

Bruh Man

Go Kart Champion
Stoked on CSG again after my full detail today, but I can't front on Shadow Blue.

I know the grass is always greener, but every time I see a nice pic of that blue I regret not getting it.

1FastShoe

What kind of wheels are those, does anyone have any suggestions on black wheels that would go well with a white 2010 GTI

SnowBall GTI

Ready to race!
Hehe roastpuff, That's where I have seen your car parked hence I had asked you...you live somewhat up the street from my parents....,

mymk5gli

Passed Driver's Ed
I first wanted white with gun metal wheels.

Then I wanted Carbon Steel because it was new.

I got black because:
"Black is my color. I have no other. Nothing else will do.
I've got a black car, black bed, black TV.
I've even got a silk black suit."

lol is your name black ?

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Hehe roastpuff, That's where I have seen your car parked hence I had asked you...you live somewhat up the street from my parents....,

Haha, good to know. I'm surprised I haven't seen your mango around where I live if your parents live here... it's a pretty distinctive car.